How's the centering?

1st Ed Charizard

imgur.com/gallery/DZDRo

Kinda doo doo but the left and right look pretty good at least. Could be worse… could be a big top and small bottom (yuck!).

Would this be over the 5% or still counts as normal centering for BGS/PSA?

nice card. interested in seeing what grade you get :blush: where/how you obtain the card if you don’t mind me asking? It’s bottom heavy and but the left and right don’t look to bad to me.

Looks like the top bottom border is over 60/40.

I think it would be alright. If it was PSA 9 quality overall I don’t think the centering would ruin that nor make it (OC).

I sent it to PSA. So now just sit and wait. Im curious as well cause a PSA 9OC image on the internet looks exactly like mine. I pulled it from a pack

Dont’ know what that means. Is that bad or still in the acceptable range

It’s the ratio of how the border is distributed. If you considered both sides together (top and bottom) to be 100% of the border than how much of that 100% is on top and how much on bottom. Chok is saying he thinks the ratio is >60% on bottom and <40% on top.
A PSA 9 grade allows for a 60/40 to 65/35 ratio. Your card may exceed that limit but it may just be right in there. Hard to tell without actually measuring it.

Edit: if it is a 9 then it looks better than 90% of the other 9s on ebay, which all have left/right centering issues.

Thanks for the explanation. Really easy to understand. If they don’t label it as OC, would it affect the grading a lot? or will they ignore it. I know BGS will mark it down massively

I don’t think the border is going to hurt the grade. It will be a PSA 9 or a PSA 9 (OC) assuming it is a 9 in regards to other damages. I don’t see them bumping it down to an 8 or anything just because of the border alone. Not saying it will for sure get a 9 btw because I have no idea what else is wrong with it, if anything.

Donno if this helps. here is a video of the back. www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIkgv_NV2gk

Looks 9 worthy from what I can see. Good luck on the grade!

thanks!

What a beautifull card. I don’t have a lot experience with psa, but i agree with the others it definetly deserves a 9 imo.
Good luck!

@chinameowthsunflower explained it flawlessly. I dont think it should get an 8 with the borders alone but there is some white at the bottom 2 corners from the video you showed. Hopefully a 9 but there is a pesky 8.5 in between those two more well known grades. Good luck :blush:

I did a google search. Apparently a PSA 9OC was sold for $6000 last year so.
Woudlnt’ that make PSAOC more valuable than PSA 9?

There are some people who would pay a premium for OC cards, especially on well known cards. This being a 1st edition base charizard is an OC/charizard collector’s dream. Since there is technically less 9(OC) compared to PSA 10 1st ed base zard :stuck_out_tongue:

Does PSA9 OC mean its equivalent to a PSA 7?

No a PSA 9 (OC) is still a PSA 9. If OC 9s go for 6 grand then you might have hit the freakin jackpot. :open_mouth: