How to Have a Satisfying Collection by cbd1235

Great article,I have only started collecting again in the past 11 months after stoping 13 years ago and wish I had never stopped but I am happy I started again:-)

Now that is some eloquent writing! It’s so tempting to stray away from your collecting goal(s) when browsing ebay or facebook pages and seeing all these other beautiful cards pass by. Oh, the troubles a collector faces! ;p

Please don’t bump threads that are over 3 months old; unless new relevant information is introduced or it is your own collection thread! It’s set in place so we don’t confuse our members!

1 Like

Thank you so much for this wonderful guide. I’m new to collecting but I have always been a fan of Pokemon cards.

At first, I made impulse purchases from ebay without any goal or direction. After reading your guide, I made a detailed excel spreadsheet of my collection, and now I feel like I have an idea of where my collection should be heading.

I can say that this guide had a significant impact on my collecting career. :blush:

Please check out my collection, and feel free to give me any tips or ideas you guys may have.

Tomoki’s PSA Collection

4 Likes

Your spreadsheet is above and beyond organized! The overall best advice is the first point; collect what you enjoy. As long as that is you main prerogative, everything else will more or less fall into place. :blush:

2 Likes

Two comments:

1. You’ve done a really great job making sure you have all of the information you could possibly want in there. You’ll really appreciate the dates and costs down the road. Stick to that if to nothing else.

2. You have a very involved spreadsheet, so make sure that you do not let it become homework. As long as it is a positive way to enjoy your own collection, dive in head first! But if it starts to feel like a chore that you have to do if you obtain something or let something go, only put in the stuff you can’t find down the road and wait until the spark comes back to fill in the rest. :blush:

Great start. You’ll go far!

3 Likes

I love seeing spreadsheets for collections, it makes me feel so much better about doing one myself! I only wish I had actually found this thread prior to making mine so I had tracked what I spent on them overall - higher ticket items I recall, but I have a lot of lower value things that I would have a hard time remembering what I paid at this point!

Perhaps I should take a deeper look into this thread once again~

1 Like

I like finding myself in collection threads and now in a collection spreadsheet! Awesome collection and nice way to document it.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve bought a couple cards from you on Ebay. Awesome seller. :grin:

Indeed I should follow the rule dont bite off more than you can chew. Although all my sets are quite close to completion seeing as psa 10s dont come by often for the cards im hunting for… Still not cheap and I gotta slow down but cant stop like a train with no brakes. But Im having fun doing it and recently made a spreadsheet as well… Incomplete but its a big one. I dont like listing items on ebay tho to get money back even tho I am quite big on doing it. XD
Nice work Man!

2 Likes