How To Clean A Card?

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone has any good tips for cleanin cards.

Got a few today, and in the past I’ve seen this, where it almost looks like there’s light smudges on the back of the card.

Is that even possible to remove?

1 Like

the old breathe of air and light rub. I could be wrong

Lol tried that.

I was more so wondering if anything like alcohol or some product would work without damaging it.

Experiment with a bunch of old bulk!

2 Likes

sandpaper

4 Likes

no idea what cards are the problem but yes definitely experiment with little to n value extras first.

Warm/tepid water + soft glasses cloth works well. *Especially for those black dots. Get the cloth wrapped round your first finger and very gently rub with the end of your nail/finger in a circular motion**

*do not try on mega expensive cards
** I am not responsible for any damage lol

2 Likes

eucalyptus oil

1 Like

Warm semen.

1 Like

This would be interesting… I haven’t tried before.
But I’m scared to add oils to the card as I’m not sure if it will discolour or temper the surface.

Honestly, sometimes there is specks of dirt build-up on cards, you can sometimes just rub it off gently with your nail or a small cloth. I used to use cotton based gloves to help wipe down cards.

Also, I used to use dettol wipes, you know like hand wipes? I would rub down the card gently, not using too much pressure or water. Then dry it in tissues, leave it to set, then sleeve.
Sometimes the wipes will leave a streak, thats why you need to be gentle, and need to clean it properly with tissues afterwards.

1 Like

My choice too. Especially Blue Malee Eucalyptus but it’s mainly available in Australia.

1 Like

Nom nom nom! Don’t steal all my eucalyptus leaves!!!

3 Likes