how to buy booster boxes?

Hi guys,

So I’ve decided to start collecting wotc era booster boxes…and hope to get your guidance / advice on booster boxes.

I watched a video by smpratte which recommended against booster boxes for newbies, because of the risk of getting scammed. Just wanted to hear your experiences - has it happened before? How do you avoid it?

I’m not sure if this is allowed but I am in no way affiliated with these sellers, but these are the ones I’m looking at. I’m looking to start off with base.

Are those below 100% authentic? And for large items, how do you guys pay import taxes? Does it get held at customs?

Advice is much appreciated

www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Pokemon-Base-Set-Green-Wing-Charizard-Booster-Box-sealed-WOTC-one-country-code-/152674037000?hash=item238c14ed08:g:deMAAOSwCndZnKk~

www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Factory-sealed-Pokemon-1999-Base-Set-Booster-Box-WOTC-English-non-1st-Edition-/202060882063?hash=item2f0bc4608f:g:bdsAAOSwHtFZwsVD

Both of these boxes look legit. You shouldn’t have much of a problem when dealing with reputable sellers unless the product looks tampered/resealed.

As for import taxes, I don’t know about Singapore. Here in Canada, it’s a bit of a gamble whether items get held at customs or not.

If the ebay seller uses the global shipping program, the taxes should already be paid for but it’s super expensive. Hope that helps

much appreciated, thanks!

4 Likes

You can find the green wing box cheaper and maybe even the regular base, although i’ve seen those going up lately.