How strict is the PSA Authenticity and Grade Guarantee?

I recently purchased a PSA 10 Neo Destiny Dark Porygon2 from eBay. When it arrived I looked over the card and saw this nasty dent on the back. In my opinion this should NOT be a PSA 10 with damage like that. I’ve heard of PSA’s “grade guarantee” where they decide whether it was misgraded, and pay you the difference. Is this card eligible for that service, or will PSA stand by the 10 grade?

Yes it should be eligible for the grade guarantee. Definitely not a 10. As someone who has done it before you should expect to wait a LONG time though. Mine took 8 months :confused:

5 Likes

That’s a really long time to get something fixed. I’d have better luck reselling it on ebay…

1 Like

PSA crc takes 6 months and isn’t even guaranteed. They could stand by their grade.

2 Likes

Wow I just purchased the same exact card but in Japanese - reminds me I need to check it when it arrives. If you are within 3 days of it delivering, you can get your money back from eBay. First you have to reach to the buyer and request a refund - if they don’t agree to refund you, you then have a date by which you can have eBay get involved. I’d say you have a pretty good case, it’s worth a try rather than having to go the PSA route as their customer service is lacking to say the least.

If it’s been longer than 3 days before you take action, I’m not sure eBay will do anything and you’re pretty much reliant on the buyer being honest. Sorry that happened, it does suck.

May not be covered by ebay if it went through ebay authenticity. I think technically he bought a PSA 10, ebay authenticity would confirm it was in fact an authentic PSA 10. His problem likely lies with PSA.

3 Likes

That may be true, but it’s still worth a shot - eBay isn’t the greatest either, but they are hella better than PSA on customer service. It also provides a written record of him trying to address the issue immediately.

It takes long, but not that long. Definitely worth a try if you ask me.

That’s good, it seems to be moving faster. This was mine.

1 Like

I would guess that PSA will honor the grade guarantee. Just be willing to wait a few months.

I disagree with PokeStone’s recommendation to go after the seller and seek a refund. Your issue lies with PSA, not with the seller. They did nothing wrong. Also, eBay’s Authenticity Guarantee will prevent you from receiving a refund anyway, as you received the exact card that you bought.

Best of luck with resolving this issue. I hope that you find another Dark Porygon2.

2 Likes

Also dont forget to advocate for the full actual value and not to take less than that if you have sales data as proof.