How on earth did this get a PSA 1?

I sent in 150 cards and in my opinion got a very dodgy grader. Some they graded a 9/10 and they should have been 7/8 and some he graded 1-5 and they should have been 8+. This one however has to take the cake. No creasing, perfect foil, a dodgy corner but a 1?! Maybe a 6/7?

@CJ_Pokemon had a similar experience but it was because the card was water damaged, but it isn’t visible on the PSA scans
I have no idea what could have happened with yours if it isn’t something similar

6 Likes

I’ve heard of situations where the “1” is actually a “10” with a typo. At some point, there is someone manually typing this all in somewhere so mistakes are bound to happen.

11 Likes

Definatly no water damage my end. Did you bother raising it or?

I cant see it being a 10 with the one dodgy corner but maybe a 7-9? A 1 though??

There was no way to fix it, was submitted once it dried of course but the damage was more than visible

1 Like

Definitely, and also happens the other way around sometimes

15 Likes

I’m no expert in yugioh but it wouldn’t surprise me if they still gave a 10 for that.

2 Likes

Anything is possible

15 Likes

PSA 1 > CGC 1. Jokes aside this is pretty damn weird, most probably misgrade.

4 Likes

This has to be photoshopped, right? I mean… that’s pretty horrid. Haha

Did you break and re-sub or did you contest or?

1 Like

First I contacted them to see if they would review the grade, maybe talk to the original grader, etc. They basically just told me they stood behind the grade as well as circled the front bottom right corner and said it was damaged which is why it was a 1. After that email, I just cracked and resubbed.

That sucks. Very interested to see what it regrades as. Keep us updated. Good luck.

2 Likes