How many packs of the top modern sets have y’all opened?

I’m curious to know how many packs of the most popular modern sets have y’all opened? Rounded up or down and estimated of course.
I don’t open much modern but seeing some of Z&Gs submission videos has me curious, as the amounts of some of the cards in these sets being graded is insane.

Evolutions - 20+
Burning Shadows - 0
Shining Legends - 60+
Hidden Fates - 80+
Champions Path - 0
Vivid Voltage - 100+

2 Likes

Buroning shadows: 10ish
Evolutions: 10ish
Shining legends:20-25ish
Hidden fates: too many
Champions path: 40ish
Vivid voltage: 0

3 Likes

I think the last time I opened a pack was when I won a couple Unified Minds at a League Cup or Challenge (the last time I played in a tournament) a little over a year ago.

2 Likes

Evolutions - <10
Flashfire - <10
Rest - 0

I’m a boring lad :sob:

2 Likes

Probably a good 2k worth of Hidden Fates. Maybe it was 3k I can’t remember. In packs it was hundreds I can’t remember exact math but that was around November last year during black Friday deals and some others at full price.

Sense then I havnt opened any packs I just buy singles. It’s easier and cheaper usually. But if there’s a set with good pull rates I might open more. But there hasn’t been a set similar to hidden fates worth opening. Don’t get me wrong I’d love to open every set and cases full of each set. But financially I can’t afford it. A lot of cards I collect like Rainbow Rares or Gold Cards have horrible pull rates. I have no intention of opening all those packs myself to simply have one of every rainbow rare and gold card.

4 Likes

A few packs of unbroken bonds, and have 2 tins of hidden fates I’ll open at some point.

Most of the modern packs I’ve opened have been Japanese and Thai.

I’ll admit that at first I was not interested in evolutions at all… But seeing what’s happened to Base set pack prices and realizing that I’ll probably never have the chance to open a Base set pack ever again, I’m hoping to pick up some evolutions packs to open in the future… it’s the next best thing for the base set nostalgia. :blush:

2 Likes

Darkness Ablaze: 3. The last time I opened packs before that was Gym Heroes.

3 Likes

Evolutions: 72
Sun & moon base: 36
Roaring skies: 36
Legendary treasures: 36
Champions path: 55
Hidden Fates: 55
Shining legends: 20
Darkness ablaze: 36
Japanese all combined: ~100

Have been in and out of the hobby. More in since the past 3-4 months.
Never opened a wotc pack in my life. :slightly_frowning_face:
Purchased my first wotc pack just 2 weeks ago - Skyridge

3 Likes

I usually open a couple booster boxes of each set. But man, I’m probably looking at 600-800 Hidden Fates packs and still haven’t pulled a Charizard. Was lucky enough to pull everything else though!

3 Likes

Japanese Legendary Heartbeat: 72 (2 booster boxes)
Vivid Voltage: 36 (1 booster box)

Only bought to try and get the AR’s and just to enjoy opening packs for the first time since Neo Destiny went out of circulation in retail stores :blush:

2 Likes

Evolutions: 100
Hidden Fates: 150
Darkness Ablaze: 36

1 Like

I might be the only person here who has never opened a modern pack lol. Newest pack I’ve opened was a POP Series 9 pack.

1 Like

Evolutions - 15ish
Burning Shadows - 6
Shining Legends - 30
Hidden Fates - 12
Champions Path - 32
Vivid Voltage - 25

Going to the local game shop for the VV prerelease with some buddies and our kids was one of my best experiences in Pokemon. Very reminiscent of the back room of KB Toys back in the day!

I’ve opened one pack of sword and shield base that I got as a freebie with another purchase, but other than that and some random x XY packs from gifts, I think the last packs I actually bought were HGSS as a 2 or 3-pack blister to get a Latias promo. Before that I think there were a couple platinum/POP7/POP9 from maybe a Target value cube at some point, and a pack of stormfront and gym heroes even further back. Going earlier than that gets into my original childhood collecting years where I only have vague memories of opening a couple packs of several wotc sets.

Evolutions: 20+
Burning Shadows: 30+
Shining Legends: 50+
Hidden Fates: 30+
Cosmic Eclipse: Not sure but guessing a good 80-100
Champions Path: 5
Vivid Voltage: 5

Evolutions ~ 1500+
Vivid voltage ~ 396 \if japanese is included ~ 1296
Darkness ablaze ~ 648+
Shining legends ~ 200+
Hidden fates ~ 200+

(Actual packs ripped, not dollar amount)

1 Like

Evolutions - 4500+
Burning Shadows - 0
Shining Legends - ~100
Hidden Fates - ~100
Champions Path - 0
Vivid Voltage - ~1500

vr

odds

1 Like

Don’t deny yourself the enjoyment, you know you want to! :blush:

vr