How does Pokemon end?

When talking about pokemon design being bad in later generations i think people forget gen 1 had stuff like magneton/dugtrio which was just 3 of another pokemon stuck together and grimer/muk and voltorb/electrode which are essentially just blobs and pokeballs which get bigger.

2 Likes

Dont forget our favorite tiny snake being called “Ekans” and the big cobra being called “Arbok”. Good stuff right?

2 Likes

I treat this hobby like I treat the environment. And if we all do that, 7.6 billion years sounds about right. It is communities like this that keeps this hobby healthy and growing. Our cards have no pricetag and the popularity of the hobby has no distinct number(or degree?). We deside everything in this hobby and when i meet people like everyone here on E4 I am sure this monster they call Pokemon, will never die.

Make sure you welcome every new collector with open arms, help each other out, and be in it for the right cause. That way the core of this hobby will never die :heart_eyes:

(And never priorotize these cardboard cards in front of you family and the ones you love!)

3 Likes

I just realized it will never die cuz we have garbage custom cards and fakes we can burn into our memories forever and ever :grin:

I personally think the evolution’s of those Pokemon, especially Magnetite and Grimer, are examples of good design and they’ve always been a personal favourite. The ideas behind them are simple and effective and stick to the theme of the monster. Magnetite’s are magnetic, what happens when they get up close together? they stick together and thus become a larger more powerful Pokemon. With Grimer you can easily imagine this disgusting toxic sludge like creature moving through life and accumulating more and more mass until it becomes a larger and more powerful version of itself.

2 Likes

When did baseball card collecting die? like 50-60 years after the initial boom? I’d assume something similar will eventually happen with pokemon, but the older gen cards will be safe. Hell you can still buy baseball cards today, they’ll just always be worth jack shit. Prob what will happen with pokemon since English can’t ever get their shit together and release good limited sets/promos like Japanese do.

1 Like

The two main problems baseball and other sports cards had were PED’s and over saturation. With Pokemon we won’t have to worry about ped’s lol. We won’t have oversaturation either since it’s mainly all one company.

1 Like

modern day sports cards are generally worthless and “dead” but collectors/“investors” still actively collect vintage, and the values of these desired vintage cards continue to rise. WOTC will always be our Gretzky/Howe/Orr/Wagner/Ruth/Mantle/Aaron/etc.

As will English Language.

with a bang

If it is to end it will be like a pokemon forever type film that leaves the ending open to never ending interpretation.

1 Like

Nah, by blasting off (again). :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

It’s hard to say. Kids nowadays still seem to love it just as much as we did. AND that’s with knowing there’s a buttload of other games/shows out their fighting for their attention. Even if these.kids nowadays were the last generation to love it, the hobby woud still have another 30 years. Nintendo is over 100 years old. They’re not gonna stop Pokemon anytime soon.
However, it does upset me that they won’t make any more 3ds’ or anything of the like. Some parents can’t afford the console systems and they have to buy used handheld systems because they’re a fraction of the price. I have faith that Nintendo knows what they’re doing and even if this turns out to be a mistake, they’d correct it quickly. With all that said, I don’t see Pokemon dying anytime soon