How do you organize and store your cards?

Whether it’s binders, toploaders, card savers, sleeved and in ETB’s, in white storage boxes, or just throwing them under your bed, how do you guys store your cards?

Do you sort by set? Do you only put sets you plan to complete into binders? Do unfinished sets get sorted? Or do they get traded off?

I’ve seen some… interesting ways that people store their cards over the years, some of them that have had me change the way I store my own. I’d love to see how everyone in the community stores theirs! Leave a photo of your organization methods, maybe some tips, maybe we can all learn something!

For my collection (currently) I have 15 binders. 7 of the binders are toploader binders, and the plan is to use them for:

1. Base Set English/Base Set Japanese
  2. Jungle Set, Pokémon Jungle, Fossil, Mystery of the Fossils
  3. Celebrations English/Japanese Binder
  4. Kabuto/Kabutops Binder
  5. Favourite Cards Binder
  6. (Small Binder) Trade Binder
  7. (Small Bunder) Unsure

The other binders I’m still figuring out. I know 2 are being used for artists (Komiya and Yuka Morii), but otherwise I’m more picky than I once was about what to put in a binder :sweat_smile:

Any set I pull cards from, I put one of each of the cards (and variants) into team bags, only sleeving cards with holo or reverse holo patterns on them. I add a list inside the bag of what is collected from the set, and the remaining cards are stored into an ETB of duplicates that I need to still go through and write down what’s inside. Once I do that, I will be able to put it onto a google doc, and post it online so anyone that needs anything I have can reach out to me and trade something I need for something they need!

It’s a long process, but it’ll be worth it :smiling_face:

Any cards I plan to grade (once I have the funds for it) I’ve put into card savers, and stored them away safely. Sometimes I’ll go back through them to see if my opinion has changed, and some of them will get taken out of the pile. Only a few years ago I had a bunch of amazing rares in the pile, and that’s changed :joy:

I don’t have any drying cabinets, but after speaking to @qwachansey ablut them and seeing their post on IG, I definitely want to get one or two in the future! They seem like a good way of safely storing cards. I also know some people use gun cabinets to store high end valuables, and this is something I’ve considered for the future, but they seem quite expensive, and something I’ll have to do some research on.

2 Likes

I have 9 binders, and two big totes. I put all my extra stuff in empty etbs and then into a tote sorted by set. I really only organize my prerelease binder by set in each row, but dont care about order of year. I do this to honor the memory of my brother. He was so disorganized and just put stuff wherever so i sort of do that with my binders but i have to have some sort of organization. I organize the others by page. Like ill have a theme for each page whether its type, border color, anything. Keep extra accessories in a tote untouched, not sure why, and then i organize my binders on the shelf by size and year.

3 Likes

My collection is a mess right now, but I’ll try to explain lol

Slabs: sleeved and kept in a cardboard box with plenty of silica gel. I agree with you, a dry cabinet would be better in the future.

Raw Holos: same, but inside a penny sleeve/ultra pro deck protector + toploader

Binders: i’m planning to divide all my cards in several binders, following a color/energy sorting, instead of going purely on set order. Having a monochromatic page should be very aesthetically pleasing.

Cards I’m going to sell someday: mostly lp-mp cards, so penny sleeves in a polypropylene box and silica gel

1 Like

My collection is mostly a mess, binders, bins, slabs everywhere. Keep most of my high end stuff either locked up or in vaults

2 Likes

In my Palms Off Gaming slab case in a temp controlled area , then all my sealed Tomy toys are in a plastic bin :+1:t2:

1 Like

I’m realizing I need to get silica gel packs… quite a few totes in storage the last year without any :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nice! Man, I really need to get a tiny Kabuto and Kabutops still :smiling_face_with_tear: they haven’t been easy to find

Yeah those and Dragonite , Gengar for a reasonable price :smiling_face_with_tear: