How do you guys keep your collections safe

What do you mean by pick and pluck inserts? I suppose it’s not a coincidence they are at exactly the right size?

We have a thread about this already

Haha no, you can shape the foam to whatever shape/size you need it to be :blush:

3 Likes

Pelican Cases are expensive! I made this one for $32

2 Likes

Not bad at all! I got mine for $110, which I don’t think is too expensive considering you get a watertight, crushproof, dustproof, and even a little fireproof case for your babies. :blush:

1 Like

The best way IMO :blush:

2 Likes

Just add a sandwich and a bag of chips and you got yourself a tasty lunch :grin:

1 Like

With something to read:)

You’re absolutely right charch. Pay more today for quality and you’ll enjoy it forever. It’s the best investment you can make.

2 Likes

I remember reading a story about a guy(not sure where he was from) had his house broken into and a bunch of his electronics and some small pieces of jewellery, the usual stuff.

Everybody was of course sympathetic because he had 2-3k worth of stuff stolen and a bunch of stuff broken as well. One of his relatives asked him about how he could afford to get it all back, and he started chuckling, his relative asked him why it was funny.

Turns out that he had a make shift shelf with some planks of wood and some bricks to prop them up. But the bricks weren’t ordinary bricks, they were 8 solid gold bars that he had painted with a brick colour. The thieves stole some stuff off of the shelves but had no idea they could have taken 8 solid gold bars with them.

He got the idea from a Hogans Heroes episode.

3 Likes

You’re too young to know about Hogans Heroes lol.

2 Likes

It’s a contender for my favourite television show of all time.

“I see NOTHING…” lol

I remember watching an episode of Family Guy where they literally use a clip of Schultz saying ‘I see nothing!’ for a gag, and I remember thinking how many people watching the show would actually get the reference.

Also as far as I know the only remaining main cast member alive is Robert Clary, who played LeBeau.

I think so.
I know Bob Crane led a very strange life before he died,

1 Like

That pelican case is pretty badass… I desperately need to figure out some better storage methods soon…

1 Like

same, my shelf and cardboard card storage plus tins really isnt sufficient.

Just wanted to share this storage solution I put together. All I did was buy a lock box and line it with some extra foam weatherproofing I had sitting around. Pretty much a ghetto Pelican case.

I just cut the foam to size to make padding that forms the rows and glued it in place with gorilla glue. I spaced the foam a little closer than the width of the actual case so that the foam forms tightly to the cards, they fit pretty snug and won’t come out unless I try to pull them out for the most part.

All in all cost me about $30 and it holds around 150-200 graded cards.

The case has two combo latches and came with a tether lock to tie down the case. Obviously its nowhere nearly as secure as an actual safe (a thief can pry into anything with enough time and effort) but it is sufficiently durable for day-to-day use and is very portable.
It could probably withstand a fall out of my second story window, but I wouldn’t trust it to make it through something like what we’re seeing in Texas right now.

Haha peacock. I love the card savers;) Good job.

1 Like