How best to facilitate/navigate trades off of E4?

I’m new here and saw that trades are not allowed on E4 for understandable and respectable reasons.

Today, I’m looking for some recommendations from experienced community members on how best to facilitate/navigate trades for Pokemon products elsewhere (e.g., e-commerce platforms, IG, Reddit, etc).

For example:
Is it best to trade with other buyers or collectors only in person?

Is it possible/advisable to trade with other buyers or collectors at a distance? Is there a safe and smart way to trade via mail?

How do you best protect your trades as well as those of whom you’ve negotiated with (e.g., handling declines/returns)?

What are some good strategies for approaching sellers with trade offers?

As in most other hobbies, trading Pokemon product seems to be a particular risky endeavor, and I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks for responding, and happy collecting!

1 Like

Approach trades with caution. I usually tend to trade what I don’t want for that Pokemon named Benjamin Franklin who literally every collector seems to want. Then I trade Benjamin Franklin to a collector who is willing to trade me the card I want. That’s just how I’ve been doing trades though haha. Seems to work well, I haven’t been scammed so that’s always a good thing! :grin:

5 Likes

@crazy4charizard , if a person on Reddit has 0 references always have them send first, and insure any high value cards. I’ve done about 12 or 13 Reddit trades and they all went smoothly, including an international one.

1 Like

You can still DM on e4

3 Likes

@kingboo64, Ebay has a feedback system. You mention Reddit references- are there any sort of reputation metrics here on E4?

Post count, length of time someone has been a member.

The longer you’re here, the more you learn about other members, their personalities etc. use your best judgement!

7 Likes