New to trading; looking for tips

I also would like to know how online trading goes, i would assume only do it with trusted people. As of the value of the trade, use Ebay Sold listings and tools such as flippertools pokemon. I usually go to a website called pokemonprice, then grab the ebay listing id (most recent sale) and chuck it in the flippertool and see how much it actually went for.Be aware that although it says some items sell for a huge amount double check that it was actually purchased for that amount. You can do this by going to the listing and seeing up the top if it ended up being relisted or what not. Good luck :blush:

To the trade, you´re trading a sealed shadowless long crimp blister for a first ed Charizard PSA 7 (BGS 7 does not equal PSA 7 btw)? Those are not even close in value.
The blister is like 1.5-2k $ whereas the Charizard would be more like 8-10k $

1 Like

Not to hijack the thread, but Flippertools has been down for the past few days. Does anyone know of a good alternative?

I have only made a few trades and it has stemmed from people contacting me on eBay. I make them send to me first, usually they complain a bit but see my feedback and the amount of items I have listed and decide to trust me.

As for that trade it sounds horrible.

Hands down the best way to trade is by trading your items for money and then trading the money for items you want. Most times you will be looking up the value of each item in the trade and doing your best to keep the values even anyways, so you may as well just sell things ahead of time that you’d be willing to trade and have the cash available when things may pop up that you want.

If you are adamant on trading though… to do it 100% safely then you can both “sell” your items to each other via Paypal G&S. You’ll each pay a 2.9% premium for this complete protection which could be well worth it for trading with strangers. To save a bit and throw in a bit of additional risk you can value the trade lower for each as well. Or you can simply send your item on faith to a respected member and assume they will send afterwards. Tracking should always be used and a discussion should be had up front who will eat any potential loss if either party is sending uninsured.

8 Likes

Watchcount has been working for me.

1 Like

Are you trading the pack or the Charizard? I think whoever is losing the 1st edition Charizard is getting the short end of the stick especially if it’s in good condition.

1 Like

@crazy4charizard, whoever trades the zard is getting the short end

1 Like

I like this trade. Maybe just wear a ski mask so no one can record the robbery and identify you.

2 Likes

Solid advice! The thing I find annoying though is paying tax and fees on items sold if you could trade directly and avoid those extra costs. I could be paying up to 34% of a items sale price with eBay fees, PayPal fees and trading tax in the UK. Loosing a third of the items value is sickening if it is possible to do a straight up trade.

What’s “trading tax in the UK”? The average between eBay and PayPal fees is like what 15% usually? You lose an extra 19-20% for selling an item from the UK to a non EU country?!

If they’re high value items, either trade with a trusted third party from this site, or meet up at an airport and trade in person.

As I understand it anything over the online trading tax free allowance of ÂŁ1000 we get taxed income tax on (within the UK and to any other countries).

Most people in the UK are probably in the 20% tax bracket of Income tax so it would be 10% eBay fees around 4% PayPal and 20% income tax. :S

If you stay within ÂŁ1000 of sales per annum sure you are fine but I am over that bracket already this year.

How do you go about ensuring the trade happens? Ebay reputation is important, but what else are you looking for/ using to ensure your side of the deal?