Idea for e4 just for fun

They shouldd.offfer tradde facilitation…hear me out. For a small fee both guys will send to e4 as an escrow thing to which e4 then finishes the deal after checking it out and receiving the right items

If one guy sends the wrong item or nothing at all it would be caught by the facilitator and a bad trade would be avoided

E4 could make money and they could add a new and improved trade section to the platform meant for smooth dealings under this service

Just a thought does this kind of thing already exist or is it a good idea?

It used to exist and I think there were issues with it

1 Like

Dang I thought I was on to something lol

you can still trade with people you get to know on here privately and those have been some of my favorite deals. It would be easier to have a spot where each member could simply list their trade inventory on their profile or something to avoid a trade thread

I believe the problem came from people posting their trade inventory spam on threads. But if it was just in someones profile it may work cause its less in your face

Yeah makes sense… Maybe with some good design it could become something

That’s the only way I would feel totally comfortable trading

the buy section used to be buy and trade but trading was scrapped

Your idea is basically that E4 should offer a middleman service? I think middleman services can be useful, but I doubt the mods are going to go for it because they don’t want the forum to turn into just another buying/selling/trading platform.

9 Likes

Yeah but u have to trust the other guy I couldnt do business on the honor system

Middle man is the only way to do it IMO

I doubt there’s enough trading to even bother tho just a thought

Yeah do those kind of service exist? Even outside of pokemon

Thats the only logical way to do trades imo

Yea the whole who goes first thing and even if they have many successful trades I would find it difficult to trust. I am sure alot of others are the same. There are only a handful of E4 members I would trust doing a trade, f+f etc I can count them all on 2 hands.

1 Like

Yeah I think its necessary if something like this sere to exist

Anyways just brainstorming

yea it was and is a good idea but the practicality of it is a different story XD

1 Like

I don’t agree that it’s necessary. If you are interested in making a trade you should be prepared to send first, and if you don’t trust that person enough to do so than you shouldn’t trade with them. Marketplaces work best with buying and selling, and this forum works best as a platform for collectors to come together and enjoy the hobby through sharing and discussion.

5 Likes

I’ve done thousands of trades with people online (mostly MTG, but also some Pokemon) and I’ve never used a middleman service. Despite this, I’ve never had a single issue. Middleman services aren’t necessary unless the item is of very high value and one or both of the trading partners has no reputation (or a negative reputation).

2 Likes

New idea… Scott starts a grading service exclusive to pokemon… Reputable well known pokemon guys grading pokemon makes the most sense

Scott hire me as your coo and I will accept payment in base set

Badabingbadaboom million dollar ideas right there

1 Like

If permitted by the E4 mods I’d gladly assist with any type of trading program. Sounds like it would be fun, I’d be open to being a middleman too.

I get it thats just not an efficient way to do business ya know!!

Haha yeahhhhh

Are you dblast

2 Likes