Holo's vs Full arts

Ever since starting my Shared Artwork collection (which I’ve since sold a lot of cards on due to people paying silly prices for them now) I’ve began to appreciate common and uncommon artworks significantly more than holofoil or full art cards.

For me the big problem with holofoil cards is that they hide the artwork completely and full art cards just go a bit overboard. The Vileplume GX @odds shared above is probably my favourite full art card, but the other two in that post are similar to my issue with holofoil cards - they’re just renditions of the Pokémon without much else going on and are kind of boring to me.

I’ve mentioned on E4 before that my favourite card from Champions Path is Swablu:

The artwork is so simple yet it has so much to offer: a stream, a meadow, a tree, a rainbow - a way of painting a picture in my imagination of where in the real world this may be. Meanwhile the full art format in Champions Path is pretty much just the Pokémon being very close to the field of view doing some attack which means everything around it is blurred out or on fire - it’s boring.

4 Likes