Hiding PSA serial number when selling a PSA card

First thing that comes to my mind (surprised no one mentioned this yet) is that the seller may not want you to know that the card was a regrade.

1 Like

You can use PSA’s website to see the prices cards sell for.

www.psacard.com/auctionprices/tcg-cards/2003-pokemon-skyridge/charizard-holo/values/708307#g=10

Based on the pic, you can tell the card ends with “423”. The serial numbers (certs) are on the right, so you just have to find the ones that end in “423”.

@pokenastic summed it up, this card last sold for $2,025. Do you have a link to the listing you got the photo from?

Looool that’s gold. I think there’s a lesson or moral hidden in there.

1 Like

I think the only legitimate reason I’ve ever heard for hiding the serial is fear of people adding the card to their set registry. I’m not sure if the same cert can be in multiple peoples registry with PSA, but from what I understand it can’t be with BGS, so if someone adds your card cert and doesn’t remove it nobody else can add it.

Yeah, flip more. hahahhah

I had an item in my registry I didn’t remove right away after selling the card.
Got this email from PSA:

External Media

1 Like

You cant add cards someone else has on the set registry. If you own it and the previous owner has it registered, you request the previous owner to remove it through an automatic email (see post above). If the previous owner doesn’t comply after 3 business days you can send an email to PSA customer service with a picture of the front and back of the card.

2 Likes