Help with shadowless pricing

Hi, since I don’t usually collect outside the japanese stuff I’ve got no experience with shadowless cards/prices.

Can someone give me a general price for common/uncommon cards? I know there’s ebay, but I’m curious about the deals that take place outside ebay (like on fb), since singles on ebay can be overpriced due to ebay/paypal taxes. Also I’m located in Europe, so I don’t know if there’s a difference in price for this kind of cards when compared to the US (e.g.: because of customs and so on…)
Thanks^^

Example of a lot I’m interested in:

It would all depend of the condition of that poliwrath :blush:

1 Like

You could use a site like Troll & Toad to look up the approximate values based on condition.

4 Likes

@jameskray,

What would be a price range for that holo? Also the fact that there are various starters and I think a red cheeck pika doesn’t influence the price?

@rattlebear,

I was checking it and I’m puzzled why a shadowless Magmar is 7$ and a starter like Charmander at less than 2$ (both nm)

No difference in price really. Check ebay sold listings for individual cards, or troll&toad ( but may be too high ) and if you want to sell the lot just lower the price.

1 Like

@andrea,

You don’t mention condition. Pictures offer little help.
All collectibles value, Pokémon not excluded, is largely dependent on condition.

1 Like

@garyis2000,

Yes, I was just curious about a price range for uncommon/common cards (since they might be overpriced when listed as singles), I forgot about conditions probably because I assumed a nm condition as standard (and then figure out the price in relation to the nm ones) or because I thought someone might just say for x conditon price rnages from a to b.

Pictures were for example/cue, like a starter would be priced higher than ‘‘just’’ a common, or the Red Cheeks Pika is worth x, I hìwas hoping they could serve as cue to a possible price

I am curious about pricing shadowless cards too, but from just a market perspective. It seems that since they are near impossible to guarantee from packs, they should be worth a bit. Shadowless sealed stuff is expensive but the cards aren’t too bad. Is this just a case of quantity is more than I think, or the market is not fully developed yet?

The uncommons like Magmar are more expensive than the commons like Charmander. A starter can sometimes demand a premium but seems the rarity difference wins out here. More commons per pack than uncommons. It is odd that Magmar is one of the more expensive uncommons though.

1 Like

I have sold shadowless cards before and I usually sell them in small bunches. The starters can get a premium in Gem Mint condition, like PSA 10, but otherwise are cheap individually. I have sold charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle together for around 10 bucks if NM. If you plan to sell a bunch of other random commons then for every 10 cards you may get 15-20 depending on patience. People tend to pay up if it means getting a bunch of quality cards versus buying them individually. The ungraded Poli really does depend on condition as Shadowless holos vary wildly with price between grades typically. The difference between an 8 grade and nine grade is 50-60 bucks. If NM, then it may fetch 30-40 ungraded, but Poli is not as popular as other pokemon.

Red Cheeks pika is an exception and can fetch around 10 if NM and up to 15 if extra fresh. I would imagine some uncommons would fetch a few bucks, like Arcanine may be a bit more expensive. My experinece is entirely on eBay, not FB or Insta.

1 Like