HELP! Who signed this Please Trade Card!?

I have a please trade card that I got as an extra gift card for making a large purchase. I quickly saw that it was signed on the back by someone. When I asked the seller who signed it, he said he had no idea and simply had it longer than he could remember. I do not think it is fake at all and the card is definately real, but WHO SIGNED IT!? I don’t know japanese so it’s hard to tell.

Surely someone here with all their glorious wisdom can help me! Please and Thank you!

Ooyama maybe?

That’s what I thought, but what does his sig look like!? I have never seen it before.

I think Dr. Sameji

I am not sure, his signature looks like a shark/fish (first pic on google).

1 Like

@hapycakeoven

Yea I messaged smpratte to ask his opinion since I saw a video he did on signatures, but idk if he would really know.

It’s Dr. Ooyama. Perhaps next time tag people who can read Japanese over members who don’t know how to read Japanese :blush:

Dr. オーヤマ

You said it like it should have been intuitive, but mostly likely OP didn’t realize that was a possibility. Tagging those familiar with signatures makes sense.

5 Likes

I said that for future reference. :blush:

@japanime @kanagawacards @kkthxbai etc would be great because they can almost instantaneously read those signatures. I’m not saying that Scott can’t, but being unable to read the characters puts him at a disadvantage for those signatures that aren’t as possible. :blush:

No, your point was great! But the delivery came across a little harsh. Not everyone would have had that idea (or knowledge of who to tag), especially not someone new to the forum or those of us who are not aware of that info.

1 Like

Ahh I see what you mean! Sometimes it is all about how people read text online.

1 Like

What’s tag?

Hihi

Wow thanks for that! I haven’t been on the site long despite being a big collector so I was not sure who to tag.

Why would he sign a card he did not illustrate though I wonder? ehh, it’s still cool regardless I guess. Thanks again!

Actually scratch that last statement as an original game designer for pokemon I guess he can sign whatever and it would make sense… cards that is lol