Help me identify this slab

Hey all, just wondering if someone could help assist with some more information in regard to this particular slab that @sleepingfatboi had purchased spontaneously for me.
Have tried doing research with no luck so figured probably best to ask here?

Many thanks in advance.

1 Like

Can you use the QR code to get a website? It tries to come up for me but errors.

1 Like

Slab looks cool regardless

2 Likes

POIZON is a fashion marketplace that curates global styles in extensive categories including shoes, clothing, luxury, etc . Items sold through POIZON need to be verified as authentic by POIZON before being released to global consumers.

Maybe they are dabbling in card grading?

1 Like

I actually kinda dig it also :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah nah unfortunately that was the first thing I had done and I just get a blank screen with nothing when trying to scan both QR codes :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Yeah it is pretty cool aha making me half consider trying to find another raw copy so I don’t have to crack this for my binder :joy:

1 Like

It looks to be a Singapore-based company that authenticates all kinds of consumer goods. They must be getting into card authentication and grading.

Given their proximity to China, I can see why they would get a lot of business.

Here are their Pokemon items, but most seem to be cards already graded by PSA or CGC, sealed product, or toys.

3 Likes

Can confirm this grading company is fairly prevalent in China. I have never purchased one nor done any research, but would hazard a guess they are a much more affordable option to PSA and I typically see 5-10 listings a day of cards in these slabs. I believe they also offer a “black label” design for “perfect” cards in a slightly different slab that looks very similar to the BGS one.

2 Likes

The cards I’ve seen don’t have the ‘Poizon’ name attached so likely a recent acquisition or some kind of collab. From memory (could be wrong) they were a Beijing based company. That’s coming from one question to someone a few months ago which I may be incorrectly remembering.

A typical CCG slab for reference.

5 Likes

Will do some digging into the Poizon link, as I can’t find anything online. Best guess is some sort of collab.

A brief description of CCG from their official WeChat. Translation isn’t perfect but it does seem my memory isn’t completely broken and they’re based in Beijing.

1 Like