Help Choosing a Scanner

I figured I should finally bite the bullet and purchase a scanner so I can better show off some of the stuff in my collection. I’m currently thinking of getting the Epson Perfection V39, linked below. I need the scanner to do several things:

• High-quality scans of multiple (up to 4 at one time) PSA graded cards
  • High-quality scans of ungraded cards
  • Not too large
  • Easy to store and use
  • Compatible with Mac
  • Within $100 CDN price range

I think the V39 meets all of these pretty well. If anyone has experience with another scanner that meets the requirements, or has used the V39, please let me know!

www.amazon.ca/Epson-Canada-Perfection-V39-Document/dp/B00SSXQ7Q2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1444843703&sr=8-6&keywords=epson+scanner

2 Likes

I just bought an Epson V37 Perfection Scanner, recommended by hisoka & pokeconnect. I haven’t received it in the mail yet to do an actual review but I’m sure I’ll be happy with it. As for this scanner it looks decent!

2 Likes

I would echo Taylor’s opinion, an Espon Perfection Series is the way to go for trading cards. The V37 is a solid choice, and you can play with the settings to get that four star quality. :wink:

1 Like

Sweet :blush: Yeah, I’m pretty sure the V39 is just an updated version of the V37. I don’t see too much difference between the two. I think I’ll go with the V39, I’ll let you guys know what it’s like when I receive it! (Prepare for wanton collection-thread spamming with my new scans lol)

A review or something like that would be very nice @fourthstartcg :grin: I’m pondering on getting a better scanner aswell :blush:

2 Likes

I’ll definitely do that!

So Epson is the way to go with scanners? Was thinking about picking one up myself recently but I became a bit overwhelmed by all the choice!

Hubble Telescope to find BGS Black Label candidates.

1 Like

Whatever @dragontype uses, not sure if under 100CAD though…

2 Likes

That bad boy could also go global :wink:

I use the Canon 9000f mark 2. Its pretty good however the v39 can do exactly the same thing for less money. Mine cost 300 Aud. the newer Japanese full art cards turn out very dark in the scans.

Id say stick with the Epson v39

1 Like

Try rotating cards 90 degrees. I have had to do that to some cards a few years back.

Thanks Ethan, Was debating on picking up this same model before this thread was created, You just made it easier to decide.

1 Like