Help Authenticating 1st Ed Zard

I bought this card raw off of Ebay back in March. The black text seems a little bit blurry and the blue swirl on the top right of the pokeball doesn’t have as defined of dark areas as on other cards. I’d like some opinions from you third party observers about this card’s legitimacy:
1st ed chansey on the left, 1st ed zard in the middle, shadowless zard on the right

Hard to tell without seeing it in person, but I am 50/50, it looks like it has the dot matrix but being blurry is suspect especially the right border on the back of the card, sending it to CGC might be a good cost effective and speedy authentication option.

1 Like

Looks legit to me from the little we can see here, but I agree you should get it graded or at least authenticated.

Looks good. The areas you mentioned don’t spark any concerns to me, and look fine. If you’re unsure, send it to CGC as suggested by Shizzle :blush:

Just upload a good video

That was worrying me as well. I rescanned and I think it looks better so that could have just been an issue with how the card was sitting on the glass.

1 Like

YEP ITS 100% LEGIT :blush:

1 Like

Looks legit to me. This is actually an instance where I think surface and edgewear is something you want to see. Authentic WOTC card stock gets damaged in very specific ways which we are all familiar with. If this card was absolutely pristine it would be harder to tell from pictures alone, but since it isn’t, I think it’s legit. Regardless, let the grading company have the final say. :blush:

Haha yeah that looks way better she’s a beaut!

100% real.

Can I hijack this thread for the same question?

I haven’t for the life of me been able to figure out how to embed images directly in my post despite reading the rules on how to. So here they are on Imgur. I know it’s beat up, just wondering legitimacy.

imgur.com/a/f1fGrMg

It’s legit

2 Likes

You have to upload the JPG link. I do it by going to Imgur, right clicking and select open image in new tab. Copy that link here. It’s a little confusing

I’m on mobile so that could be why

Thanks for that