Heavy 1st edition base set blister packs

Hey all,

I have the opportunity to buy some heavy 1st edition blister packs,

the seller is asking $6k each…

Just wondering if this price is to be expected?

They usually go for like $1500usd each (unweighed but always expect to be light haha)

Seller is reputable.

what should i offer considering these are guaranteed to have a 1st ed holo :blush:

I’m no expert when it comes to 1st Edition Base or any sealed WOTC product overall, but from my understanding isn’t blister weighing difficult and inconsistent…?

I would be cautious if I was you. But as I said I have no experience what so ever.

4 Likes

Too expensive! Recently I opened one of my heavy 1st ed packs and got a Hitmonchan holo with a big mechanical mark across the foil part (graded as PSA 6). Also the odds would be real slim of you pulling a Charizard or Blastoise and getting a PSA 10 worthy card. Check pokemon price for PSA 9 values.

Thanks for the input,

Yeah obviously no guarantee of a PSA 10 charizard, but how often do you get the chance for a guaranteed heavy holo?

There are pretty much no packs that have a financial gain by opening without getting a good card and grading a good score.

I am going to buy some, just not sure how much i should spend…

Thats a ridiculous price in todays market

if you are considering buying several heavy blister packs for 6000$ / each, why don’t you straight up save or buy a graded PSA 10 charizard?!
speaking of gamblers premium, reminds me of Lootboxtv who spends 4000$ on 4 heavy skyridge packs, when he could have bought one and a half PSA 10 crystal charizard for that price lol

1 Like

Well guys,

for 1 , i am asking for help with what you think they are worth or what i should offer, I did not offer $6000 for them,

the seller (who isn’t in a hurry to sell) said he’d be looking around that but open to offers.

and 2, its a bit different buying a heavy skyridge pack and a heavy 1st ed base back…

The risk is definitely greater with the base packs, but the reward is incomparable.

1 Like

Heavy 1st Edition Base packs are an animal of its own, what would you feel comfortable paying? Do you know how much each weighs? Are you confident that at those weights they definitely contain holos?

Heavy skyridge booster to ultimately get a PSA 10 crystal charizard:

$1000 risk → reward of say $2500-$3000

Heavy 1st ed base blister to ultimately get a 1st ed PSA 10 charizard:

$6000 risk → reward of say $45,000

Im just after some advice on what i should offer from the more advanced collectors.

@acebren,

Thats what i mean, you never really hear of the opportunity, so it obviously excites me,

I just dont want to get ripped either.

There is obviously going to be a loss in some of the packs even if every card grades a 10,

I am not concerned about there not being a holo i am very confident it would have one :blush:

Definitely questions i need to be asking myself dude thank you!!

1 Like

How many blisters are we talking? At a certain point it would make more sense to just chase a box, but it’s not like they’re readily available even if you have the funds right. I think 4.5K each would be a great buy for you.

will be only like 6-8 heavy packs. So definitely going to be a pretty penny. I am not the biggest collector,

but realistically how many “unweighed” packs would you need to buy to pack a holo given that most the unweighed packs are going to be light.

yeah honestly i was planning on offering 4.5k each for like 3 or 4. Seeing how i go and maybe buying more in the future

1 Like

They rarely come up and are worth whatever you’re willing to pay.

I’d pay more than what theyre worth because they are extremely hard to find (but not impossible).

4k seems reasonable, at double what a light pack goes for.

1 Like

@cosrob,

Thanks dude! yeah they are impossible to find.

Thats why the price isn’t the best but how often in life are you going to get a chance to open a heavy 1st edition base pack!!

You should make a pack opening video if you open them!

Is your goal to get a PSA 10 Charizard? If so, don’t do it by opening up packs. You’ll very likely lose thousands of dollars for each pack opened.

I’d only buy to keep sealed, otherwise just buy the PSA 10 cards you want.

1 Like

With this logic, go straight to buying lottery tickets.

$2 risk → reward of $500 million

1 Like

t´s like a lottery but chances are not the same at all, or is there a 1/16 chance of winning the lottery? As I stated, I would buy normal 1st Ed. heavy boosters at 3k all day long, there is multiple people on this forum who would spend more. I would imagine that a blister carries a premium over a loose booster, at least I´d pay more for a guaranteed heavy one. If you can get them for around 4k it would be a great buy imo.

1 Like

@shadowless , the odds of pulling a charizard are 1/15 and the odds of it grading a PSA 10 are 120/2245. Pack fresh cards should have slightly better odds. Your odds are roughly 1/280 to pull and grade a PSA 10 1st edition Charizard.

280 packs at $4000 each would cost you over $1 million. You’d have to spend $1 million opening heavy first edition base packs to get a $40,000 card. If the packs are unweighed, you’d be spending over $3 million.

1 Like

Totally true @charizandrew. Fact is that we have no idea about the real intention of the op, maybe he just wants to enjoy opening them, the possibility of pulling a 1st ed Charizard or just simply keeping them. If he really just wants a certain PSA 10, it doesn´t make any sense at all to open them.

1 Like