HD zoomed in Art Academy Gourgeist artwork?

Does anyone know where I can find a HD or very zoomed in picture of the Art Academy Gourgeist? I’m trying to determine which Pokémon are in the artwork, but it’s too vague to tell for some of them (i.e. which Pokémon is at the top-right underneath the evolution box in the actual card). Does anyone on the forum own it who could provide a very zoomed in and HD picture?

The best I could find were the two pictures on Bulbapedia:

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes

Both of those images are from the Japanese Pokémon website: www.pokemon-card.com/assets/images/card_images/large/XYP/031293_P_PANPUJIN.jpg (from the Japanese card database (www.pokemon-card.com/card-search/details.php/card/31293/regu/BW)) and www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/paa_contest2/common/images/pic_result08.jpg from www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/paa_contest2. Unfortunately those are the highest resolution images hosted of the artwork I could find on there.

I tried PWCC’s Auction Archive as well but it looks like they’ve never sold one of these either.

Looks like they’re all ghost types, but I really hope you don’t find any Pichus in there! :grin:

On a side note, I had no idea there were 3 Art Academy contests in Japan, with only the second awarding Pokémon cards: www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/paa_contest and www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/paa_contest3 are the other two. Some really nice designs in those.

1 Like

Two different reverse image searches shows the biggest image as 748x1044, same size as the bulbapedia one. Unless someone has one of these cards and can take high quality pic or scan I think this is the best we got

Uh-oh. There’s a Rotom. *wide eyes*

3 Likes

Here’s my attempt at picking out what I can see:

I can’t quite work out what’s going on in the areas I’ve circled in red. Drifblim could be what’s at the top next to Jellicent and Shuppet because of the little puffy cloud which resembles what Drifblim has on its head. The artwork also features Drifblim so it’s possible. It’s driving me nuts trying to work out what’s to the right of Trevenant/below Rotom, and also what’s to the left of Phantump.

7 Likes

Ah, that top left on is a Giratina? Couldn’t really make it out tbh.

I’m not sure about the left two red-circled ones (although Driblim seems right based on the little cloud), but the one on the right is Shedinja, based on the face and crescent moon halo.
There is also a Sableye you’ve missed in front of the Cofragrigus playing with gems. As well as Mismagius left of the Gastly.

EDIT: I think the bottom-left red-circled one is Misdreavus?

EDIT2: The more I look at this artwork, the more I want it, lol… :sweat: :sob:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

This is such a fantastic card. I wish there were cards more in this style of featuring one main Pokemon and then having some iconic Pokemon that share the same type featured alongside it.

3 Likes

@quuador, Yes - Shedinja! Ha! It now seems so obvious. I was looking at it from a weird angle.

I think you’ve cracked it with Misdreavus and Mismagius. I’d also totally missed the Sableye.

I think that means the top Pokemon has got to be Drifblim, as all of the other Pokemon appear alongside their evolution line.

1 Like

It always blow my mind everytime I see this card that it was drawn on a Nintendo DS, praying for one for sale again soon

1 Like