Guide to Pokemon Meiji Potato Chip Super Change Lenticulars Volume 2

Hello everyone,

If you are looking for information on Volume 1, refer to the other guide I wrote here.

This is a guide to the Pokemon Meiji Potato Chip Super Change Lenticulars Volume 2. I was inspired to create this guide after reading a post from @oldboy who was looking for more information on them. Since I don’t own any of these cards, I had to gather images from ~130 ebay listings and cropped them one by one. The left half of the images are the front of the cards, while the right half of the images are the back of the cards.

Since these cards are lenticular, it is impossible to get every angle in a single photo. I have chosen to only include one picture of each card, but be aware that the cards have a series of (mostly similar) images/frames.

Happy collecting :blush:

Release Period:

Since I haven’t been able to find information on the packaging of these I haven’t been able to find the release period either. Based on release information on the first volume which were released in 1998-1999, these were most likely released a few years later.

I have not been able to find how much these packages cost at the time of their release either, but I don’t imagine that they were very expensive.

Outer Packaging:

Unfortunately I have been unable to locate pictures of the outer packaging, at least at this time.

Inner Packaging:

Japanese English
あけくち Open here
Meiji ポケットモンスタース一パーチエンジカード Meiji Pokemon Super Change Card
NINTENDO - CR - GF - TX - SP - JK NINTENDO - CR - GF - TX - SP - JK

Featured Pokemon:

#1 - Togepi, Pikachu
#2 - N/A
#3 - Togepi
#4 - Meowth
#5 - Staryu, Lapras, Pikachu
#6 - Lapras, Pikachu
#7 - Togepi, Lapras, Pikachu
#8 - Gyarados, Magikarp, Meowth
#9 - Staryu, Bulbasaur, Psyduck, Pikachu, Squirtle
#10 - Gyarados
#11 - Pikachu, Togepi
#12 - Jigglypuff
#13 - Vileplume
#14 - Weepinbell, Raticate
#15 - Nidoran
#16 - Butterfree
#17 - Vileplume
#18 - Togepi, Lapras, Pikachu
#19 - Pikachu
#20 - Lapras, Pikachu
#21 - Lapras, Pikachu
#22 - Lapras
#23 - Jigglypuff
#24 - Pikachu
#25 - N/A
#26 - Lapras, Pikachu
#27 - Psyduck
#28 - Lapras, Blastoise
#29 - Blastoise
#30 - Pikachu
#31 - Lapras
#32 - Lapras
#33 - N/A
#34 - Lapras
#35 - Gastly
#36 - N/A
#37 - Drowzee
#38 - Togepi, Pikachu
#39 - Magnemite, Grimer, Voltorb
#40 - Meowth
#41 - N/A
#42 - N/A

Below are pictures of every card, front and back, in order.

Expand for images

10 Likes

Great articles once again, your input and dedication for pokemon history info is really breathtaking :slight_smile: just mentioning that the pokemon in 39 is grimer instead of muk, basically nothing but had to correct since it’s about my boys :smile:

1 Like

Thank you man, keep updated

1 Like

I’m glad you find my research useful :slight_smile: It’s always fun to find out new information about topics that like 99% of the community doesn’t even know exists.

Also thanks for the correction, I just fixed it. After looking at so many images and cropping them until my fingers fell off it appears my brain went a little numb when writing who was featured :laughing:

1 Like