Looking for info on Meiji Super Change Lenticular (3D)

Anyone know where I can find information about these? Sets, years etc.

I’ve had a good look but I can’t find anything online. Don’t even know what year they’re from. Guessing about 2000

1 Like

Those damn meiji are so secret.

I see there is an insertion on ebay claiming your full set is made of 42 cards.
Other ones of the sealed product, it’s similar to the one I was searching.

Can’t find more, sorry
#solidarity

I’ve spent hours searching. I can’t find anything. It is surprising how little is known about some parts of this hobby. I wonder if I’m just searching in the wrong language…

@oldboy @omic Oooh an interesting topic to cover. I’ll research them and then publish a guide

2 Likes

Good luck. I can barely find anything on it. Even when I use Japanese keywords.

1 Like

They aren’t something I collect, nor have researched, although I have come across them.

The one on the left looks to be more recent than the one on the right. It is from a product (set) called:

Potato Chips Pocket Monster Super Change Card Vol .2
ポテトチップスポケットモンスター スーパーチェンジカード 第2弾

I’m not sure what the packaging of the product looks like.

The one on the right is:

Meiji Potato Chips Pokemon (NEW)
明治ポテトチップスポケットモンスターNEW

It’s mentioned here to have 4 different package designs.

Here’s a closer look at them (top left and bottom row):

The four packages provide the best before (BB) date of April 1999; chips usually have a 3-6 month shelf life. So that provides a good rough idea of when the release date was, but we don’t know how long the product had already been in production.

Something else that might be useful, I remember coming across photos posted on twitter by pokemon_cafe of some of their collection, showing 36 of them.

https://twitter.com/pokemon_cafe/status/691601062730444800

Meiji released a lot of lenticulars. They pumped out a bunch with their drinking mix products, for example:

Like these, and these.

I don’t know a lot about these collectibles, but hopefully this post helps in some way.

7 Likes

Super helpful. Much appreciated. Thanks dude. It’s certainly more info than what I was able to find.

I just published a guide for both sets of cards :slight_smile:

4 Likes