Guest Cancelled Pensacon! So Bummed!

This is not Pokémon related but here it is! If anyone has seen my side collection thread they know I am a huge Power Rangers fan! Well I was super exited about the upcoming Pensacon event especially since three former Power Ranger actors were set to appear. Two of them Johnny Yong Bosch and Karan Ashley are the ONLY two signatures I am missing from a one of a kind graded CGC series comic I purchased. My local comic book store is going to be there and they even decided to be a CGC facilitator at the event in order to help me get both signatures in one shot (since he has to witness). Well now that he’s canceled not only do I have to break it to my guy that I am probably not going to crack that slab (even after all he did to try and set it up), but I probably wouldn’t even have bought VIP tickets if I had known. I bought the VIP tickets specifically for the shorter line to make this a smooth signing. I even bought ANOTHER CGC signature series comic only missing two sigs (guess who!) in preparation for the event because I figured I’d make the most out of my money. Well now that’s all shot to hell :slightly_frowning_face: Still going but I am going to be super bummed for a while. Here is a pic of all three comics I had planned on cracking and adding sigs. ALL of them needed his signature so I don’t know if I am going to crack any. MAYBE the first one since it’s the cheapest. The second and third I wouldn’t risk cracking twice, actually had numerous people try and talk me out of cracking those at all lol

1st Comic needed sigs from: Jason David Frank and Johnny Yong Bosch
2nd Comic needed sigs from: Johnny Yong Bosch and Karan Ashley
3rd Comic needed sigs from: Johnny Yong Bosch and Karan Ashley

Have you tried reaching out to someone higher up and explain the situation? Also, how have you not gotten JDF on that one comic, that man literally goes everywhere haha!

1 Like

I bought it like that. Most likely wasn’t at that event. I didn’t get any of these personally signed just bought them in anticipation for the event. I don’t think they would tell me why they canceled just that they have canceled. I can’t really be mad at the man for canceling. It’s his life and his decision. For all I know it’s a health for personal issue and I wish him the best. Still super bummed I made so many decisions I can’t take back based on his attendance.

I still might have that slab cracked to get JDF since it’s the cheapest I would probably be open to cracking it twice.