Groudon is a beast! in PTCGO

today I created a quick standard deck because the game’s provided default deck had me being beat up pretty easily and bad.
so I stacked most of my deck with energy (about 40 cards or so worth), 10 pokemon (various types) and 10 trainers (usually focused at returning discarded energy cards and removing them from opponent)

I start up the match and my first pull is the Groudon card;

my opponent for all intents and purposes should’ve dominated me, I only pulled 1 other Pokemon during the match and had no energy to attach to it with Groudon being damaged for 100HP leaving me with 30HP remaining. I decimated his entire line up from his V-Max Venusaur on down the line. I lost no pokemon and all discarded cards came by way of the “Magma Volcano” attack.

If I ever play someone in real life, this card will definitely be within my deck.

2 Likes

I have played against people using a Cryogonal / Groudon / Kyogre deck. It’s a fun one to play against.

3 Likes

I hadn’t played the TCG in a long time and decided to download the game and been playing (and getting beat up lol) for about a week.
today I found my grove I think, now I’m about to try a Kamikaze Deck with just Groudon and energy (might be cheap as heck tho).

2 Likes

Is there a Poké deck discussion/“rate my deck”/card strategy thread on here? I’ve tried searching but only via my phone as travelling at the min, so not sure if I’ve exhausted the search. I enjoy ‘war story’ posts like these.

@johnathandhill, I have loved Pokemon since the beginning and have absolutely no idea how to play, haha!

I don’t think so but I would love a Strategy section

1 Like

I honestly didn’t know what I was doing either,
after a few losses and noticing what the rules were and reading up on attacks,
it got easier

1 Like