GradedGuard, slabs cover?

Hello,
what do you think about PSA slab cover? Is it good? First glance I thought, interesting, but then it doesn’t protect from scratches, so is not worth.

I always thought they were more for aesthetics then protection. They look great IMO. I plan to grab some whenever they make CSG/CGC covers

I would say it would provide some protection from dropping the slab on a hard surface. Would keep the case from chipping in some rare circumstances.

Ugly af and just another gimmick.

1 Like

I personally love them and have several different colors. The front of the case has tempered glass to protect the card and I like the extra “pop” the color border brings to the card. The rubber/plastic combo also gives it a nice look and feel that doesn’t feel cheap or poorly done.

It’s also good to note that plastic sleeves can trap moisture and cause mold to start growing within the PSA case. These are a better alternative to let the case breath and not have that happen.

Also want to mention that this was started and is operated by long term Efour member Cinnaminbun :blush: he’s a great guy, with a great product imo.

3 Likes

I’ve been looking at these and will eventually get a few. I think the design is clever and the colors are just right!

Card protected by slab protected by slab sleeve protected by slab cover protected by slab box protected by dry box.

3 Likes

I think I’ve seen pics of them on Discord a couple of times.

I don’t see a point, how rough are you people being with your slabs?

1 Like

This :wink:

And protected in safety deposit box 4 hours away so you never get to see your cards.

I like them for the aesthetic, especially with sports cards. I plan to buy quite a few when they release CGC ones since the slabs would look nice on display with them. Do I understand why people would get them to use as protection? Not at all

Seems a bit redundant to me. The initial slab already offers pretty solid protection and personally when handling my slabs I’m pretty careful considering some of mine cost $1000s.

I’ve seen a similar product which also doubles as a stand (Collect 3D prints) but I have no idea how good the quality is.

Personally none of these slab protectors are for me, the only slab accessories I have are $1 stands for display.

They look alright but as long as you don’t play hockey with your slabs, I don’t think you need them. A simple graded card sleeve does the job for me.

I thought the slab was the protection…? People really let their ocd run wild with all the sleeves and covers for slabs lol.

I bought one at Collectacon Orlando for a card I purchased. It is essentially a phone case design with an open front/back depending on how you place the slab in it. Overall it’s up to your own personal preference whether or not the extra protection is necessary. I really like the idea of matching the different colors they offer to compliment the artwork of your card. I would consider buying more if they were less expensive. I think they’re around $12 usd. Trying to deck out my whole collection would be too much.

On a side note, I was not aware that keeping your cards in plastic sleeves could cause mold! I’ll have to look into that more since I keep all my slabs sleeved!

I just found slabmags, has anyone tried both of them and can give a review?

Slabmags are 2.5x the price and lack a lot of colors. Again, I look at these purely for aesthetics and not actual protection because I don’t kick slabs around the yard like a soccer ball