Graded slab damaged during shipping to Ebay Auth :( Are psa reholders upcharged?

Recently sold a card on ebay and it did not pass ebay auth on account of likely some damage on the slab in transit (I used a bubble mailer and sandwhich card between two cardboard pieces) and have never had an issue for domestic us shipments with damaged slabs in the past, but apparently it happened as my beautiful slab did not pass ebay auth. I am waiting for the slab to return and see if it’s just scratches on the case or broken.

Are there reholder upcharge fees or all cards going through reholders at psa are priced with base reholder fee?

Anyone else have their cards damaged in shipping? Particularly sucks when they are graded. Do you ship slabs in boxes beyond bubble mailers for higher valued items, ~$100+?

Really sorry that this happened to you, @dblast.

I always ship my cards in boxes.

$25 unless your card is worth more than $5k.

1 Like

Ty Dyl, is under $5k so I just have to wait 3-9 months, cool.

I don’t think you were in the wrong to ship a slab of that value in that method. If you have any insurance you should try to get a small amount paid out if you can. I usually don’t box up slabs if they’re at 100$ either. Cardboard and bubble mailer should be fine. I guess you’d have to see what the damage looked like though

This same thing happened to me. I’d like to see pictures if you can when it arrives back to you. I’m wondering whether it’s actually PSA accidentally breaking the case when handling it and then rejecting it because it’s broken.

Are you saying a broken psa case may not be reholdered?

I imagine the card I will get back will have either scratches, a crack in case, or just shattered pieces in middle. I was planning to reholder it, but may need to regrade.

It will be reholdered. I found it suspicious, though. I’ve shipped 100s of things, and the ONLY time a case was broken was when it went to authentication. Now I’m hearing yours also broke during authentication… hmm.

1 Like

I’ve had maybe 5 items break in transit, think 4 were international. Less then 1% slabs, so I wouldn’t be too worried…