God Tier Double Swirls

My life would be so much easier if I didn’t care about swirls :upside_down_face: :melting_face:

1 Like

youre definitely looking for some rare cards. good luck on the search man. i know the pain, ive missed out on a few lol.

1 Like

recently saw a houndoom with two swirls. i like the close swirl pattern so i’ll be keeping an eye out for one from now on.

8 Likes

HOLY!!! That’s so sick!! AHHHHH!!!

1 Like

Whoah, nice find! These Neo Revelation double (horizontal) swirls are so rare!

Not mine (sadly), but looks like there’s an almost overlapping double swirl on this Neo Rev Houndoom:

This is actually related to the direction of the light source. All swirls have this odd circular pattern coming off from the original swirl if they’re lit from the right angles. You wouldn’t believe the number of “double swirl” listings on eBay that highlight this property.

I discuss a similar situation above:

1 Like

Ah cool, I knew about the swirl reflect effect under certain light, but didn’t realise there could be such a big space between the two swirl images!

1 Like

Now this is a double swirl that I have never seen before: Zapdos Cosmos Holo from the Thunderstorm Theme Deck.

I believe that the Thunderstorm Theme Deck released between Gym Heroes (August 2000) and Gym Challenge (October 2000), so it falls well within the timeline of WoTC double swirls.

Now that I own a copy, I am on the lookout to document others (and find a second copy with better placement)!

7 Likes

@Dyl I’m not gonna lie to ya I’m not sure I believed you about this until I got a better set up with better lighting and sure enough you’re right. I had a few I thought were double that definitely aren’t. Haha. So. Cheers :beers:

2 Likes

Haha, I hope that you will join us on the double swirl hunt! :beers:

giphy-26

2 Likes

Oow, that’s a cool one :heart: if it where placed to the side more it would indeed be better but it still is a double swirl nonetheless. Great find!

I have thought of finding one on the cosmos foil Machamp which also would be great but not sure if it’s possible. :smile:

2 Likes

Haven’t documented the unlimited copy yet.

6 Likes

@smokemon Still need a T18 double swirl? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great googly moogley’s! Thanks for the tag :eyes:

2 Likes

Just going through my set lists came across this little gem double swirl :innocent:

3 Likes

Noticed this beauty with double swirls along the bottom:

4 Likes

Absolutely beautiful. If it wasn’t $800, I would buy it!

1 Like

Same here! Such a gorgeous double swirly boi.

Had to double check the copy I have, but only one swirl on that one. :pensive:

1 Like

New card documented!

Smeargle (Partial) Neo Discovery - Unlimited

7 Likes