God Tier Double Swirls

So this isn’t a double swirl either. Every card with a swirl can recreate this pattern under the right circumstances.

This is the same swirl pattern lit from multiple directions concurrently that creates the phenomenon of a swirl within a swirl. As you can see, the “tail end” of the first swirl stops before the “tail end” of the second swirl.

These are the main characteristics of every swirl: 1) when lit from one source of light, changing the angle of the card will change the placement of the swirl’s tail, and 2) when lit from multiple sources of light, the swirl’s pattern will show concurrently from each angle.

1369edbf3f57f8f1dd28cc1ef8368895582bee07

This phenomenon also creates “swirl orbs” when using a scanner or a multi-directional light source. For example, I used a ring light to take this picture which lights up the swirl pattern from 365 degrees (i.e., all angles). Because of this, the swirl is not as easily distinguishable because every “angle” of the swirl is lit at the same time.

I hope that I described this well.

TL;DR: The angle of the light/card creates the appearance of multiple swirls, when in fact there is only one.

1 Like