God Tier Double Swirls

It certainly does! Nice find!

Has the asterisk underneath the swirl and diagonal orbs. Also weld line

3 Likes

Ah, that is so cool! I’m going to update the original post.

1 Like

This one too please! Bit of a clipper as well

4 Likes

Added our first Portuguese card with a double swirl!

1 Like

Haunter - Spanish Fossil 1st Ed

6 Likes

The question is where you draw the line on what is double swirl and what is not. The persian is a cool find and definitely has the overlapping holo foil but can you call this a double swirl even tho the second swirl is barely visible? I think the people in the factory knew this line exists and they tried to make it so that the weld line will always be underneath ink so you can’t see it. Made me think that it could be possible that a cleanly visible double swirl just is not possible on some cards. Ofcourse I’m not entirely sure and the only way to be certain is find more examples. I do always say that for everything I say there always are exceptions so who knows. ^^

1 Like

I see what you’re saying. Some of the double swirls become fringe cases and it starts to become questionable. That said, I think we can say that it’s a repeating holo pattern at the very least. If we are somehow able to prove this an actual error rather than a printing/manufacturing anomaly, I’d imagine it would be:
Error: repeating holo pattern
Error: repeating holo pattern - double swirl

1 Like

Good points, @pinn033 and @smokemon. I am interested in documenting all possibilities. Although the Dark Persian is a stretch, it proves that double swirls could be possible. That helps me to look out for more and/or better placed copies. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep the persian is definitely a good find for research, haven’t seen one like it. :wink: Even the smallest finds can add up to something bigger. Hehe

Ended up taking a gamble on a listing with bad pictures, but it paid off. Finally added Azumarill in a PSA 9.

5 Likes

sheesh thats gorgeous!

1 Like

Beautiful Azumarill :heart_eyes_cat:!

The Haunter is up for sale :eyes:

Up for sale!

2 Likes

Had to add this beautiful Slowking to my collection. :heart_eyes_cat:

9 Likes

Not a great picture but just noticed this with a VS Energy card I have:

3 Likes

what a beauty! easily my favorite card from neo genesis. i was so tempted to bid but i had to fight the temptation. these double swirls are addicting and i gotta slow down lol.

2 Likes

Thank you for leaving it :'). Slowking is one of my favorite Pokemon and I’ve been looking for a PSA 9 1st Ed Double Swirl for a while now.

no worries lol. seriously cool that one of us from here grabbed it. they dont pop up often in a 9 so good stuff man. any other double swirls youre hunting? i kind of burned myself out.

Hmm, Slowking was at the top of my list.

I recently picked up a double swirl Neo Discovery Espeon that I posted a few weeks back but the holo is so difficult to see. I would love to find a double swirl Neo Discovery Umbreon to match it.

Won’t stop looking for this one too… It’s one of the only Neo Revelation double swirls that I’ve seen, and also one of the only “close” horizontal double swirls too. I bid around ~$1,600 for it many months ago, but ultimately lost the auction. At the time, that was about double the value of a typical 1st Ed PSA 9 Shining Magikarp.

4 Likes

Wow. The swirl chase is real!

1 Like