French Pikachu movie promo

Hey all! Just checked ebay, here, and other sites for recent information regarding the Pikachu movie promo.
Basically, I’m trying to decide if it is worth getting it graded. Is it considerably worth more if it was unpeeled?
I think some of the corocoro promos don’t hold too much value (peeled/unpeeled) but was wondering if this was one of them.

Thank you in advance!

hey i don’t really know ^^ but for sure i am looking for sealed japanese product. Will you open to a trade ?

Can it be graded when its french tho?

1 Like

As correctly pointed out by @pokemonunboxing, PSA won’t grade any non-Base foreign cards. They only grade English and Japanese cards.

As for which would theoretically be worth more if they did grade it I honestly don’t know. It of course depends on the grade, but on the other hand: unpeeled cards only show their back so they are not very appealing to collect in comparison to PSA-graded cards. I would personally prefer sealed over PSA-graded in most cases, but graded vs unpeeled I will probably like graded more.

Nice find though! The Glossy French WotC Pikachu promo from the Japanese Magazine isn’t too easy to find. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

PSA does grade this card. It is under the Japanese Promo title.

www.psacard.com/pop/non-sport-cards/2000/pokemon-japanese-promo/102673

2 Likes

Darn, I sent mines in late 2016 I believe and PSA wouldn’t grade it, had no other option but to sell it. Looked like a 9/10 Candidate. Sold for about $40 back then.

Keep in mind that it is a Japanese promo, not a French promo, so PSA will grade it :wink:

1 Like

Oh, I stand corrected! It’s indeed a Japanese promo, but still… I really don’t understand why they would grade this French card, but won’t grade French Jungle Set cards… You’d think it’s a lot easier to find information about their legitimacy for a set like that. Never really understand why the Base Set was the only set where foreign sets were allowed to be PSA-graded to begin with… :confused:

Then again, since PSA is currently a few months behind schedule, it might be for the best in the present time. :relieved:

Greetz,
Quuador

:ninja:

Thank you for that much needed information. I’ll definitely consider this in the next batch.

Yeah I couldn’t even imagine how long the wait would be :open_mouth:

That’s a nice find. The gotta magazine japanese french pikachu! Definately a japanese promo as it is listed as an unnumbered promo and was released in Japan.

Hey,

Was wondering if some users could help me with a price estimate on a unpeeled GOTTA magazine japanese french pikachu. Can’t see any recent sold examples.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, I felt it was better then starting a new one since this one has all the context.

Thanks,
Totodile_in_pursuit

It would probably have been better to start a new thread and link to this one, instead of bumping a 3 year old thread.

Having said that, I bought one in December 2020 for about 350 USD. I currently don’t see any unpeeled ones on eBay nor on recent sold listings, but I would say it’s probably around 400-500 USD now. Could be slightly more, although it’s still a pretty niche item, so I don’t think it has increased as much as some other items during this pandemic.

Greetz,
Quuador

Noted for future. And appreciate very much @quuador, (I was actually just thinking about you as I saw a handkerchief with seviper on it haha).

Thanks,
Totodile_in_pursuit

Was it for sale somewhere? :eyes:

Greetz,
Quuador

It was. I am just about to start work but will find it later tonight and send it through to you.

Totodile_in_pursuit