Found a blank space in card artwork

For some reason i found some blank spaces in card artwork. Not sure what to do with this but thought it was funny and wanted to share it. I’m sure there are more out there. :sweat_smile:

Squirtle is questionable :crazy_face:

16 Likes

Ha! I’ve never noticed that before! Great eye!

1 Like

Yo that Vulpix is wild! I just checked mine and had a good laugh. Amazing find!

1 Like

Here another one. Under Bills arm there’s a blank space.

15 Likes

11 Likes

Should we blurr these images? Because i feel it is something like what has been seen cannot be unseen. :rofl:

1 Like

That one is the same on the English card though, unlike the Vulpix; Ninetales; and Alakazam posted by @pinn033. :slight_smile:

Otherwise, Misty’s Seel is a pretty well-known example as well:

Greetz,
Quuador

12 Likes

Bill is even pointing to it! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I think Vulpix might be an exception. I just checked my English copies of Alakazam and Ninetales and they both have a blank space. That’s the first I’ve noticed it on Misty’s Seel though! Very cool!

Here we go again lol i like this though. :slight_smile:

Ah, 90s Lotus graphics. heh

… I’m not sure how I felt about this revelation. :laughing:

Hehe like I said, what has been seen cannot be unseen.
I actually found some others who almost where a good addition to this post but not actually. Two of them are Girafarig with the space between it’s legs and Scyther who I thought had a blank space but after viewing it up close it wasn’t but it does look like it’s a part of design that has been changed over the years.

IMG_20220914_163524

IMG_20220914_163653

Those white parts on it’s arms I think where changed because I don’t see them on newer cards.

I’m sure there are more out there, even for the modern sets. :smile:

Edit: arcanine has a darkened back leg but that’s just to bring depth in the artwork I guess.

2 Likes

poor Donphan, did they miss a spot on his leg? and what is he even doing, spraying water? I have no clue what is happening here. :laughing:

i am going to throw up from this

2 Likes