Fossil set cards with yellow ink smear

How’s it going folks, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about fossil cards that have random various yellow ink smears on them. I have came across this three times now so it’s to the point I needed to gather some more info if anyone knows. So far I have come across a golduck, shelder, and a kingler that have it. All are water types. None have been first edition. And golduck and kingler are uncommon while shelder is common. I’m thinking it must exist on other types besides water types, I don’t know how the sheets were though. And the crazy thing is i have gotten all these seperately all from different states too. I’ve not seen this yellow ink smear on other set cards and I was wondering if anyone else has come across this on fossil cards of their own? Any info on this is much much appreciated! Thanks alot everyone who checks this out. Link belowwww.

Golduck - drive.google.com/file/d/1dGEfmh23GCYeNT342Us3oUqGRpEJf1hc/view?usp=drivesdk

Shelder - drive.google.com/file/d/1XgugIq_2Wgm41xjJF46K2aLr_6qZJRbS/view?usp=drivesdk

I know this isnt the buy/sell section but i figured id throw it in while i was here, if anyone has any of this and would like to sell I’d love to buy them!

They seem like they could be one-of-a-kind errors. You might be interested in a card like this:

I don’t know if it’s the same kind of printing defect but they are definitely similar. The hitmonlee error above has multiple different copies with the same error floating around. Some are more extensive than others. I’ve also see this same error on multiple Haunters and at least one Lapras.

1 Like

I have seen that hitmonlee error, I believe they call that the “cigar” hitmonlee haha. And I actually own the haunter you speak of, its a blue ink smear, its pretty sweet; mine is at PSA right now awaiting grading. I’ve never heard of the lapses one though! But anyway the yellow on the cards I’ve got is a different shade of yellow then the hitmonlee card. Thanks for chiming in!

There’s the more common blueish ink smear haunter but there is also one that has the yellowish-orange just like the hitmonlee in the same position. I couldn’t find a picture with a quick google search but I’ve seen it a couple times.

Ahh I’ve never seen the haunter with the yellow smear. And I couldn’t find the lapras one either, that must be a pretty rare carddd

The yellow smudge on your Golduck reminds me a lot on the yellow smudge on this Reverse Holo EX Team Rocket Returns Delibird I once pulled as a kid (only error I ever pulled myself):

Although there are exceptions (like the Hitmonlee and Haunter mentioned earlier), usually ink errors like this are one-of errors. I personally haven’t seen them on Fossil cards before, but it can happen with every set. Sometimes minor, sometimes very major.

Greetz,
Quuador

Wow that delibird is super gnarly! That’s awesome you pulled it yourself too. Did you know it was an error back then? Yeah all three I have are in different placements and size. But im gathering that fossil has alot more yellow smear action then other sets

1 Like

Yeah, even as a 11 or year old kid I knew it was an error. Always kept it, since it was the only error I ever pulled. It’s not worth a lot, but it’s still cool to pull an error yourself. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Back in the day when I was collecting and opening boosters I doubt I would have ever known something like that was an error, most errors other then like miscuts I don’t think I’d of realized. But man that card is worth a million bucks!