Fossil Australian Reds - Rares

Hey all! Just curious - I know there are no holos in the Australian Red Logo packs, but since the original US deck has two sets of Aerodactyl-Zapdos, does that mean the Reds also have two sets that are both non-holos, or just one set? I only ask because I just looked at my Australian Red Logo Raichu, and it’s number is 29/62. Does that mean there’s also a non-holo 14/62 Raichu I need to look for?

Thanks for any help!

There are holos in the red logo packs. There are no first edition red logo packs though. So yes you would have the holo variant but to my knowledge there is no difference in the cards themselves to a normal fossil/jungle pack.

1999-2000 Fossil Raichu also came in the Tempest Gift Box. This is also where the 99-00 holo Fossil Zapdos comes from.

The Red Logo 99-00 Fossil set only includes the standard Fossil non-holo rares. The holos are standard Fossil holos, not 99-00.

4 Likes

I’ll try do my best at summarising from what I remember when I was looking into the red logo packs:

-As others have mentioned, Red logo packs still come with unlimited holos at the usual 1/3 rate. These holos are the same as the usual standard fossil holos
-The deck you mentioned with a few 1999-2000 copyright fossils cards comes from a gift box called Thunderstorm/Tempest. In it contains the 1999-2000 non-holo raichu you mentioned, and is the reason why its the most common 1999-2000 copyright fossil rare.

However here is where you get into specifics, visually the 1999-2000 fossil non-holo raichu from the thunderstorm/tempest is the same as a 1999-2000 fossil non-holo raichu pulled from a red logo pack. However the raichu from the red logo pack, as with all the cards pulled from red logo packs (except holos) have a different card stock and have a noticeable different physical feel. So tl;dr 99% of the 1999-2000 non-holo raichus come from the tempest/thunderstorm deck.

3 Likes