Foreign Booster Packs

Over the last year or so I’ve seen a ton of oddly specific language/set combinations, specifically:

EX Legend Maker Chinese
EX Ruby/Sapphire Spanish

Is there any rhyme or reason as to why it’s always these exact languages and sets? Were these sets just super popular in their specific countries and got printed a ton? Are they fake?

Base Set and Legend Maker are the only 2 official Chinese Pokemon sets excluding the new set released last year (Chinese hidden fates)

Ruby/Sapphire is one of the few sets printed in Spanish from Base through original ex series.

1 Like

Not sure about the Spanish EX Ruby & Sapphire, but the Chinese EX Legend Maker was definitely popular. The last Chinese set before that was the Base Set of 2000 (and the next Chinese set after that was the Sun & Moon All Stars Collection of 2019).

Btw, where are you seeing a lot of Chinese EX Legend Maker and Spanish Ruby & Sapphire?

Greetz,
Quuador

I see at least one of the two probably once a day on ebay (US) or mercari.

Most of the chinese legend maker was mine. When legend maker was released it was not very popular as it was in Pokemon’s low popularity period. The majority was never sold and a few years ago someone found the warehouse and bought A majority of the boxes for 5 or 10 each. (I can’t remember) I originally bought 80 or so of those boxes after they were marked up to around 50 a box and opened them all. Flash forward to around a year ago and the person came to me asking me to buy out his remaining loose packs weighed light. I bought them at an okay price so I’ve been selling them from the USA since then. Recently I raised my prices since I’m almost out but to my knowledge there are no more large holdings of it.

The set intrigues me since the gold star pull rate was insanely low. From the data I gathered and got from the other guy who opened around 800 boxes it’s 1 in 18 boxes.

3 Likes

if my math is right, that’s 180 booster packs (10/box) or 270 booster packs (15/box)? this is quite a bit lower than the quoted 3 booster box per gold star in english, which translates to approx. 108 booster packs.

I’ve also noticed there is always some Spanish Ruby & Sapphire available, too. I sometimes check on eBay because if I would open ex-set packs, they would be in other languages because English packs are so expensive. I’ve opened Spanish Ruby & Sapphire before and those packs continue being available. I wonder what’s the deal with that. Other language set / pack combinations appear more randomly than Spanish Ruby & Sapphire and Chinese Legend Maker.

2 Likes

It’s worse… legend maker was 24 packs per box 5 cards per pack. The average pull per box was 3 holo rare 1 ex and every 18 boxes a gold star as well. This means it was one out of every 432 packs based on my data. With boxes being 250+ it isn’t realistic to open them anymore so I wouldn’t be surprised if prices spike if demand even slightly increases. The ex’s are also hard to finish since it’s only one per box. To be honest the terrible pull rates is probably one reason the set didn’t do well in Taiwan.

1 Like

@subf Sounds like the only Chinese EX Legend Maker box I’ve opened was the best one possible. :slightly_smiling_face:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

I just recieved these today from Italy. Sold as light.
venusaur 20.42g blastoise 20.43g charizard 20.47g
First Chinese booster packs i’ve had, so I’m not sure if they are real or fake.
Any ideas?

1 Like

China also released Tag Team all in one set with A and B boxes. They did an A, B and C box with Hidden Fates. Chinese Legend Maker was the last set to be released prior to Hidden Fates, and before that, it was only Base Set.

They’re real and those are light weights

1 Like