Fires first Giveaway!

This Giveaway is now closed, result is on page 2!

Hey all! As a thank you to the efour community for your help, advice and assistance over the years I am hosting a small giveaway.

The prize:

I have been getting into drawing Pokemon again and completed the below Dark Charizard drawing, I was happy with the result so decided to frame it! A copy of the original card is included alongside the picture in the frame. Hopefully someone would enjoy having this displayed somewhere at home :blush:

• Who can participate?

Only E4 members. I am happy to ship worldwide!

• How to participate?

Reply below with the following:

**1. Your favorite Pokemon card based on artwork alone.

1. Your favorite moment in Pokemon? This can be something to do with achieving a collection goal, meeting other collectors, something from the games/movies/anime series. Anything Pokemon related!**
  • How will the winner be chosen?

The winner will be chosen at the end of the giveaway, randomly selected with this service. Close date for the competition will be midnight on the 14th of September. (GMT)

• Do I need to pay anything?

You don’t need to pay for the giveaway, product or shipping.

Thank you! Best of Luck :blush:

14 Likes

Very well done!! I wish i could draw half as well.

#1 My favorite artwork has to be the Base Set Charizard…I know, some might say its over used, and not that exciting, but there is just something about it. I would sit and stare at it as a kid, and still do today.

#2 My favorite moment in Pokemon was when I was about 14-15 I would ride my bike 5 miles with my neighborhood friend just to visit the local card store. The first time we did this, I traded a beat-up Jungle scyther for the ancient mew promo card. I thought it was the greatest trade ever! I ended up trading that Mew away for a Base set Charizard, that I still own today! Might get it graded, It’ll be a solid 5-6, but just to have it protected and for display :blush:

2 Likes

Favorite card would have to be Salamence ex from EX Dragon Frontiers! (shameless collection showing off)

I have to say my favorite moment in Pokemon was this year’s World Championships and everyone I met there. I’d met Marie and Charlie in Boston in 2015, but the vast majority of people I had never seen and only talked to on the forum, if at all. It was amazing to me how I could meet up with people I’d never met and talk and hang out as if we were old friends. It was truly a fantastic experience and I hope to see even more people in DC next year!

5 Likes

Dang I like that picture. Well done.

Favorite artwork/character is the Base Set Venusaur. (Honorable mention to shiny mew and master scroll)

Getting that first Pristine 10 1st Base charizard was a real highlight for me.

3 Likes

Base Blastoise. It is the first holo I ever pulled.

Going to see the movie with a dozen of my friends and getting that Ancient Mew. We all thought it was the coolest thing ever. I remember a lot of kids getting tricked into trading way too much for one. Lol

2 Likes

That is actually my favorite Charizard. Hence my name, but good work, love it!! Love the evil aka “dark” side of Pokemon, it was a new twist vice the typical Charizard, I hope you appreciate it like I do.
I am not sure if this is Pokemon related but when I had my daughter start to watch the original Pokemon Indigo League series, I got her to say “achu” instead of Pikachu lol and now she just said “Team Rocket”, so I am on the right path. She is just about to be 2 in about 2 weeks :grin:

1 Like

Awesome giveaway, you did a fantastic job!

Base Set Venusaur! (still underappreciated imo!)

Nr. 2 is a hard one, has to be between catching Groudon in Ruby with my last remaining PokeBall (did of course not safe immediately before encountering so would have to reset and play trough it again) and just recently receiving my first shadowless Charizard.

1 Like

Thanks for giveaway!

1)Breakpoint Suicune Holo by Mitsuhiro Arita

2)Has to be the release of Pokemon Go 2 years ago, and the immediate response and hype it brought.

1 Like

#1 is currently Skyridge Raikou
#2 are the yearly Perth E4 meet ups

2 Likes

Damn… thats very well drawn!

#1 the Hakama Pikachu promo! (sm-p 208!)
#2 Has to be me playing the pokemon tcg back in 2008, playing weak decks based around annoying gimmicks.
Good times man. Good times.

1 Like

#1 hard choice and not really something I had given much thought. I really like the here comes team rocket card from ex team rocket returns though. Ken Sugimori artwork, with a simple but cool background. Dark crobat from the same set is also one of my favourites.

#2 When I got gifted my cousin’s old Gameboy colour alongside Pokémon blue and gold and a poliwhirl plush/ Gameboy storage.

1 Like

#1 Mysterious Treasures 26/123 (why did I pick that one)
#2 so many choices.
The day I became a supermod.
The day @garyis2000 gave me all his cardsIt must be the day fell in love with Pokémon

2 Likes

#1 Charizard CD Promo
#2 When I completed all 6 Giritana Jumbo Cards (Hard to Find)

2 Likes

Just saw this thread, sick giveaway!

• Favorite card art: It changes from time to time. Right now I would probably include Grand Party, Rayquaza Gold Star, and maybe something like Ooyama’s Pikachu for something quirky and unique.

• Favorite Pokemon moment: Getting Pokemon SoulSilver when I was younger. Platinum is my favorite game of the series overall, but I remember being hyped for the release of SoulSilver. It was my first experience of anticipation like that. Finally using my allowance money to buy the game and popping it in was unimaginably satisfying… and the game was even better. I am part of the majority of fans of the games who consider HGSS to be the best games in the main series (majority out of people who have actually played the games since 1999). They are just flawless in nearly every way and still hold up INCREDIBLY well today even though the hardware is dated.

1 Like
  1. Shining Mew - CoroCoro / Test Tube Mewtwo! Pokemon has lots of cards with great artwork, its so hard to choose!

2. A Favorite Moment: When my mom bought me Pokemon XD as a early birthday gift on release day! Been 13/14 years now haha!

1 Like

#1) Reshiram from Legentary Teasures, I love how it has the same theme as ancient mew.

#2) recently got back into Pokemon Go and the raids have been my favorite. When the game first came out all I wanted was a Mewtwo. Later this month they will finally release it for everyone. Mewtwo has been a favorite of mine since the original GB games.

1 Like

Blaine’s arcanine is my favourite TCG just because of the Artwork.

My favourite part of this is getting the Blaine’s arcanine PSA 9 A’s my very first ever card.

1 Like
  1. Tropical Wind 1999. Such a unique looking card for its era, and the card that pushed me into Pokemon collecting. There’s no card in the early era of Pokemon TCG where a pokemon is literally just sleeping!

2. Probably communicating and talking to fellow members on Efour about intricate details of the hobby :blush:

Thanks again for such a unique and cool giveaway!

1 Like
  1. Ho-oh HOLO from Neo Revelation, when I saw this card, I became interested in WOTC (I started at the beginning of Gen 3)

2. Going to Worlds 2010 in Hawaii was an absolute blast

1 Like