Charchu's 1st Elite Fourum Giveaway (CLOSED)

Hello E4,

My name is Danny and I have to say that, thanks to this Forum, I have learned so much more than I could ever have on my own about this hobby.

So as a Thank you, I am hosting a Giveaway (approved by The Scott).

Official Rules:
NO PURCHASE/PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN, OR RECEIVE THE PRIZE.

Eligibility: This giveaway is open only to Elite Fourum members (with a post count of 6 or more) regardless of location.

Giveaway Period:

**Starting:** When this thread was created  
    **Ending:** May 31, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time) \*All online entries must be received before then!\*  

How to Enter: The giveaway must be entered by replying to this post, your first name, age, a picture of your most favorite card and a Detailed description of Why it is your most favorite. All entries will be accepted ONLY in this thread. The entry must fulfill all requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win the prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be void at the sole discretion of Charchu. You may enter ONLY once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Charchu.

Prize: The Winner of this giveaway (the ā€œWinnerā€) will receive a:

Charizard [English Jumbo] - April 2000 CoroCoro Comic Promotion - PokƩmon Card
signed/sketched by Mitsuhiro Arita
in aWalmart Mainstays 8x10 Float Picture Frame

SPOILER: Click to show

Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. (1 out of 39 % chance of winning)

1. derpizard  

2. unhallowed  

3. acebren  

4. shizzlemetimbers  

5. xzini  

6. missingno  

7. quuador  

8. fourthstartcg  

9. sandmantheenless  

10. pokesoap  

11. guangsta  

12. colours  

13. trainofthought  

14. jjnoriega  

15. elam18  

16. miraclegro  

17. garyis2000  

18. guala  

19. binx345  

20. fireftw87  

21. supersaiyanampharos  

22. scarshield  

23. regigigagod  

24. fazool  

25. bigvenusaur  

26. pokemonsyndicate  

27. howslifeaustin  

28. lp08ss  

29. aj  

30. pieterpie  

31. whisperlude  

32. aetsen  

33. jab2004  

34. festa  

35. linkdu83  

36. bluegardenia76  

37. xgav1337x  

38. maverick75  

39. reinasierpe  

Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing at This Website under the supervision of Charchu. Winner will be notified by Personal Message within two (2) days following selection of Winner. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within [14 days] from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected.

Terms & Conditions: Charchu reserves the right, in his sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the giveaway should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond my control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the giveaway. Also, Charchu has the right, in his sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the giveaway, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same person from different usernames; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering or tampering.

GOOD LUCK :blush:

20 Likes

In

1 Like

**First Name:**Jobin

Favorite Card: ā€œFor Position Onlyā€ Blastoise****
Well for starters, Blastoise is my favorite Pokemon of all time and the reason the FPO card specifically is because of its mysterious history and rarity. All of the ā€œFor Position Onlyā€ (FPO) cards were part of a small batch of Expedition test/sample/error cards that were printed in 2002 during the end of the Legendary Set Era, as a precursor to the finalized mass-produced versions that were eventually released in Expedition Packs. Immediately after they were manufactured, they were all supposed to be destroyed, but a few were recently released to the public in ā€œerrorā€, or at least thatā€™s how the story goes. Word on the street is that a WOTC employee managed to save a handful of each of these cards (sealed in Legendary Booster Packs) from ultimate destruction all those years ago.
There was also a very brief period in time where PSA and BGS were willing to grade these cards. However, due to unknown history of the cards, both BGS and PSA no longer grade them. Lucky for me, I was able to get my hands on the only BGS graded copy in existence, and having it graded in Mint 9 condition makes it all the better.

This is my holy grail.

7 Likes

Thank you for doing this giveaway. That is an awesome prize. My Name is Kole I am 26. My most favorite card is Sabrinaā€™s Gengar from Gym Challenge.

This is my most favorite card because Gengar is my all time favorite pokemon, and it is my favorite Gengar artwork. It has that classic pokemon style, its simple, and I think it shows a more creepy side of Gengar. Some of the Gengar cards are so derpy or too color full in my opinion. For instance the phantom forces artwork where he is doing like a cartwheel and throwing skittles. I know in the anime he was very play full and goofy but I always imagined him more creepy lurking around at night scaring other pokemon and trainers as a ghost should be. When I look at this artwork I can just imagine him roaming around being spooky. This is also one of my favorites because it was one of my first PSA 10 cards that I acquired and it opened the door to PSA cards for me.

7 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Brendon and Iā€™m 23 years old

My favourite card is my grey stamp 1st edition Base Set Charizard, I love how the base set has many different variations and the different thick/thin/grey stamps intrigue me. A few years ago I was chatting to a seller on Ebay who swore that as a kid he pulled a grey stamped 1st edition Charizard, I had never saw one and wondered if they really existed. Fast forward a year and while doing a search for a ghost stamped Pikachu, I found this card newly listed for sale under the title ā€˜Ghost Charizardā€™, it had only been up for a few hours, and I knew if I hesitated it would sell fast, as it was priced even CHEAPER than a regular 1st edition Charizard! We got the deal done and here it is, Iā€™ve seen 2 other grey stamp Charizards since then, one was a raw played condition, the other PSA 6 which is currently for sale on Ebay

8 Likes

Well done Danny. Itā€™s great having both helpful and appreciative members:)

1 Like

James, 24
Awesome giveaway :open_mouth: single Pokemon collectors are usually awesome and incredibly handsome so no surprise from @charchu

Tied with snap Gyarados is this card which was the reason I stumbled upon this site so it has a special place in my heart. I also have learnt a lot from this site - the culmination of awesome collectors and discussions I canā€™t think of any other place with as much Pokemon information as E4. If you want to know about a niche within a niche E4 is the place to be :blush:

10 Likes

Awesome giveaway, love the way of entering as well :blush:

Name: Sini

Favorite card:

Itā€™s so difficult to pick just one favorite as there are so many cards in my collection that I love. I picked Rayquaza Gold Star because for me it has one of the most amazing art works ever made and itā€™s a symbol of my favorite era of Pokemon cards, which is the old ex-era. Rayquaza is my favorite mon together with Salamence and this card is one of those examples why I think Rayquaza is such a well designed Pokemon. I always wanted to have this card since I saw a photo of it for the first time and I finally had a chance to pick up this PSA 9 copy last year. I managed to win the auction with perfectly timed snipe so it makes this even sweeter to have :blush:

7 Likes

First name: John

Favorite Card:

This is my favorite Card because it is an elusive prototype that has very little history on record, its mysterious and I like that. I also like the fact that itā€™s the very 1st edition of Base Set/Expansion Pack Charizard cards ever printed. When I first began collecting I was under the impression that English first edition was the holy grail of all PokĆ©mon cards. Amongst joining UPCCC I discovered so much more than that. What is now E4 has taught me that the more rare and earliest cards are in fact Japanese. After discovering No Rarity Base Set/Expansion Pack cards I have since focused my attention on the set and other rare Japanese cards. I feel a sense of pride owning this NR Charizard. If one day I decide to sell all of my cards this one would be the only one that Iā€™d keep in my possession.

10 Likes

First name: Kevin
Favorite card:

Even though my favorite PokƩmon is Seviper, with Mimikyu as a close second, and I have the biggest Pikachu collection in the world which has A LOT of great artworks as well (or other reasons for being awesome, like the 65+ unique variants for the Base Pikachu), this holo Moltres from the Web set is my absolute favorite card.

I canā€™t really explain why, but this artwork has always been my favorite PokĆ©mon artwork ever since I first saw it. I was also very happy when I received this one in the cinema for the 2nd movie as a kid (although I was able to get all three of them before I left the cinema again :laughing: ). Recently someone brought to my attention that a holo version of this amazing artwork exists as holo in the Web set, so I immediately bought the first PSA10 I could find on ebay.

Truly an epic artwork! The pose, the colors, the darker volcano-cloud and sky in the background combined with the yellow/red Moltres in the foreground. I just canā€™t get enough of it.

Also, thanks a lot for doing the give-away, @charchu ! Good luck to everyone entering, and congrats in advance to the winner (I hope Iā€™m congratulating myself here :wink: ).

EDIT: And lol @ the link to my post on how to include an image to a reply. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

Now this is my type of giveaway.

Name: Ethan

Favorite Card: Salamence ex š›æ, Dragon Frontiers

When I was collecting cards as a kid (2008 or so), it was towards the end of the EX Series and Dragon Frontiers was out. I never bought packs and I had a fairly modest collection as Iā€™m sure we all did back when we had no money. Eventually through trades I was able to pick up a few ex cards, this being my favorite among them all. I didnā€™t know too much about Pokemon, I just knew the card looked absolutely badass. Eventually I sold my collection as I wasnā€™t into the cards anymore, but when I got back into it I knew I had to have this card again. I had a few singles and PSA 9s of it in my collection but after I realized how much I loved the card I decided to go after both English and Japanese versions in a PSA 10. I got the English one from @milhouse for a price that today would be considered grand larceny, and I purchased probably about 10-15 copies of the Japanese one before I found one suitable for grading. The Japanese set has ridiculous centering issues, and combined with the condition issues of the ADV/PCG era in general, I think Japanese Dragon Frontiers is one of the hardest sets to grade 10s. Even though close to two years have passed since I graded the Japanese one, itā€™s still a POP 1, which makes it even more special to me.

6 Likes

I really appreciate the level of detail put into these entries!! So much fun reading these! :blush:

5 Likes

Very respectable thing to do for the community, thanks!

**OOPS I MISREAD THE INSTRUCTIONS HAHA:**I am Josh, 24 from Chicago, been off and on for quite awhile but was definitely around for the first craze. I remember smelling the scent cards had back in the day and the feeling of holding them for sure will always resonate with me.

Donā€™t want to steal any of Shizzleā€™s territory haha, but this Gyrados is what got me back into collecting. When I started cracking packs again about 2 years ago, found this beauty, was the first graded card on my comeback, and it still a POP1 Gem 10 for its Foreign Spanish Class. I have had this valuated and while its not a valuable card compared to its English counterpart, its by far the most valuable to me.

2 Likes

Cool giveaway Charchu!

Goodluck everyone :blush:

1 Like

I love your terms and conditions! They made me chuckle.

Iā€™ll be replying tonight!! ^^

1 Like

Hold on a second. Your a babyā€¦

emergerd, this guy.

NOW IT MAKES SENSE! This is why your in love with gen3 over 2 and 1ā€¦ YOu are one of the kids who was watching it from gen 3 in the beginningā€¦

I KNOW YOUR SECRET NOW!!!.. Everyone continue. THis young child is well beyond his yearsā€¦ If I had known anything about this stuff at your age, then ide be in a crazy place by now.
Man ā€¦ You being my arch nemesis that guided me to destroying you with the ex cards are 19 years oldā€¦ All this time I thought you were my age. :nerd_face:

Do you know how many times ive learnt and got adive off this guy :nerd_face:

9 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m John and am 16. Honestly, I could not pick my sole favorite card. I was split between Rayquaza Gold Star PSA 9 and a signed Regice Gold Star card, since both cards are extremely special to me. The Rayquaza was a card that I always wanted since I was a young boy, but thought that I would never have it. Then when I got my first job at the age of 14 at a bike shop, I started to save every penny that I did not put in savings for that card. And finally, after around 3 months of working, I finally had enough to bid on one that was on auction on Ebay. Sadly, I lost the auction and then had to wait 6 months for the next one to appear of Ebay. That one I purchased and it has been the star (lol puns) of my collection ever since. I have nicknamed it, ā€œMoby Dickā€, since for those long 6 months I would check Ebay nearly everyday and it just kept eluding me :grin: .

The Regice card has a much simpler story behind it. I have always been in love with gold stars since 2006 when I first learned about the Pokemon TCG. Something about the rarity and the fact that the same artist did all of them just made me fall in love with them. One day, a signed (by the artist - masakazu fukuda) copy of Regice from Legend Makers (which is very significant for me since it was cards from this set that were my first cards) came up on Ebay and then BAMB it was mine! :wink:

8 Likes

Letā€™s do this! Thank you for setting up such an awesome give away! Really appreciate it! :grin:

Name: Madison

Favorite Card: Blaziken Lv.X from Supreme Victors! Donā€™t have a PSA oneā€¦ Yetā€¦

Let me set the scene. It was a humid and hot summer night in Southwest Michigan at our local county fair. My family was about to call it a day, but I wanted to go on one last ride. The problem? The tickets for this particular ride would cost us all $20. So, my tired parents gave me a choice. Either weā€™d take our chances with the rickety fair ride, or weā€™d go to Target and buy, as my Dad put it, ā€œSome of those Pokemon Card things youā€™ve been talking about.ā€ I think itā€™s pretty obvious which one I picked. So, there we were at Target checking out theme decks from a variety of expansions. My parents are huge gamers, (Dad just texted me about Gencon the other day!) so they wanted me to try playing as well as collecting. A Fire Fang theme deck from EX Dragon was my choice, while my parents decided on an Electric Garden theme deck from Expedition. We played that night, and our family was instantly hooked. It was a strategic and fun hobby we could all enjoy together! Plus, there were fun characters and creatures we could relate to, and create and test those decks around our favorites. I went to my first Pokemon event in 2005, Pokemon Rocks America at Navy Pier. (Still have the Lugia to prove it!) This was the first time I experienced the Pokemon community full on. Now I was REALLY hooked. This was a hobby I could share with others, and allowed for places where I could meet other kids as passionate about Pokemon as I was!
So, youā€™re probably wondering, where does Blaziken Lv.X fit into this? Shouldnā€™t your favorite card be Salamence 19/97? Well, my family started to attend tournaments during the DP era from 2008-2011ish. Dang, can I just say I LOVED the meta back then? Loved all the strategy, Poke powers AND Poke bodies. Good stuff. Good stuff. I built a fire deck, and after Surpreme Victors came out, added this bad boy to my deck. With this deck, I have some of the fondest memories of my time collecting and playing. I attended countless tournaments, made awesome trades, met amazing people, and most importantly, had an incredible amount of fun. All of those memories are attached to this card, and bring me so much joy whenever I look at it. Heck! My deck even helped me place 3rd in the state of Michigan, and 4th in the state of Georgia! Unfortunately, my career playing Pokemon stopped when school obligations become too heavy, but the collecting bug never died. (obviously) Iā€™ve been thinking about getting back into the game again this summer. Weā€™ll see how that goes. But in summary, Blaziken Lv.X is my favorite card because itā€™s my favorite Pokemon, helped me place in some tournaments, and reminds me of how amazing and incredible the Pokemon community is! Thank you! :grin:

6 Likes

Youā€™re all babies to me;)

6 Likes

Nice one Danny. This is very cool of you. I like that the prize isnā€™t something that can just be bought - makes it special.

Joe, 29.

Favourite cardā€¦no surprises here guys. I was going to say my Chinese Charizard, but heā€™s only awesome when accompanied by his buds.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160922/8c37812be809168caafc9e99ade333cf.jpg

I love these beauts because theyā€™re in Chinese, and the artwork just takes me right back to primary school, trading and arguing down on the playground. Those were the days man. Link cable battles. People unplugging the cables when they got frustrated at Mewtwoā€™s tri-attack, or Zapdos using Thunder. Everyone having a pocket of cards on them all times. Sneaking looks at the holos under your desk during class time, just because you couldnā€™t get enough of them. The legendary status of Charizard. When you first heard someone at school had one, suddenly he was the most popular kid in the school as everyone wanted to just SEE the card. These are the memories that come back to me every time I see these cards. I was going to post the English card here, but I do feel more of a connection to the Chinese set, given where I live and how much I went all out in acquiring the full sets.

8 Likes