Favorite Trainer Cards?

Every time I go through the binder, I always end up spending extra time on the Trainer card pages. I’ve always been a big fan of the Trainers and felt like they have some of the most underrated artwork. I especially love stadium cards because of the depiction of different dueling areas across the Pokemon regions. These are some of my personal favorites. I feel like I haven’t seen a post about Trainers in a while, so what are you favorites or cards that fly under the radar?

21 Likes

This is my favorite trainer as well as the first prize card I obtained

5 Likes

I’ve always really liked this one

13 Likes

Skyridge had some real gems!

3 Likes

14 Likes

The Mr Fuji and Prof Oak are all time favourites of mine

Seeker has quite a unique, mysterious style:

IMG_5776

And finally in terms of a big well-known card, for me that would be the TMB no. 1/2/3 trophies - really drawn to the derpy look and of course the history and all that that comes with their release.

IMG_5777

18 Likes

I don’t think I ever noticed the Mew in the background of that Seeker card before.

1 Like

This is in my top 3 favorite trainers

this one is pretty nice even if it is just sugimori

there are a lot of good saitou supporter arts from the DPt/L era as well

16 Likes

Adds a little nice touch doesn’t it!

Also same nice cameo in that Fieldworker that @inertgeometry posted above (great trainer card too)!

How much time you got? I love trainers that have a good back story, like being event specific, hard to win, prizes, etc. included a few personal favs

16 Likes

I’m not sure this one flys under the radar as it pretty well known but my favourite , the grail , the trophy :

The most bling of all trainers I would say :sparkles:

5 Likes

I thought I didn’t like trainer cards all that much, but one day, I was rifling through some bulk cards and saw some mid-era-ish trainers that had really great art. I especially like Roseanne’s Research and the pokeball.

I haven’t collected much outside of these cards so far, but I plan to add to the trainer collection at some point in the future (E-series also has some great ones too).

Really looking forward to getting a copy of this one day (I think there’s a holo version of this as a prize card or something too—someone can correct me on this):

7 Likes

My favorite category has to be Stadium cards from Gen 2, 3 and 4:

These are amazing:

Other favorites:

11 Likes

Yeah I know it’s beyond my reach, but still my fave trainer card…

5 Likes

Believe you’re referring to the rare candy tournament prizes from the Welcome Festa?

1 Like

I can spend hours looking at anything from Kinebuchi. Especially in the 90s, the 3D art was rare and new.

As a kid, I always wanted to have a real Pokédex, so I will pick this one for this thread.

6 Likes

9 Likes

Some have already mentioned a few of my faves but some others:

7 Likes

I really like Oswaldo Kato’s secret rare trainers. Here’s a few.

3 Likes