Favorite modern set/sets

Shiny Star V and Brilliant Stars

Vmax Climax hands down. I loved all the chrs and csrs from the set.

I’m excited to see all the art rares and special art rare for Vstar Universe.

1 Like

Ancient Origins is probably my favourite ‘modern’ English set; opening those packs when they came out got me back into cards!

The Japanese modern sets are pretty solid. I definitely agree that I enjoy sets with an identity. I quite enjoyed the Legends Arceus/ Diamond and Pearl sets. Having entire sets dedicated to various aspects of gen 4 is a dream come true for me. I think these sets truly shine with their commons and uncommons. S9 is probably my favourite, but i have S10D, S10P and S11 all in that same binder and even though im missing 98% of the chase cards, i still love flipping through it just to see the art. S10 is great and so is S9a (the legends arceus cards :pinched_fingers:). Was going to take a few pics of my favs, then ended up taking like 15 :sob:

5 Likes

Great topic! As far as set theme I actually like X & Y Steam Siege - there are a lot of industrial/urban backgrounds and depictions in the art work, and also many of the more mechanically designed Pokemon featured in the set. The BREAK cards I think are what drag this set down, as they are not highly looked upon, and I also do not care for them much.

For more modern sets, I really like Chilling Reign and Darkness Ablaze. Someone else had mentioned the winter theme for Chilling Reign, and several cards have snow/ice art which I am very biased towards. Darkness Ablaze just happened to have some of my favorite art in it, including Lugia who went missing for awhile in the TCG!

1 Like