Fan Club Promos Magazine?

Anyone has a picture of the magazine featuring the Eeveee, Porygon and karp promos? Thanks !!

@papafrankgod , would you mind to elaborate what you mean by “featuring”?

with more than 1k post I am sure you know more than I do… but as fare as I know, there were only 5 magazines (link) and I could provide the covers of Vol. 3, 4 and 5, but non of them had the cards you mentioned. Weren’t these cards only available through the Pokémon Card Fan Club where players had to earn Points to get the cards (See Eevee)?

best regards
Cracker

Hey Cracker, thanks for your response. No I am not an expert on Pokemon media releases or magazines. My question is, if there is any book or flyer or advertising where the three cards appear, as the only info I have on the subject is that at first only Eevee and Porygon were featured along with an exclusive playmat. Later on they added the Magikarp to that promotion and that was the reason it is more rare or scarce, it was available for a shorter period of time. I would love to see those magazines and translate what’s written on those pages. Hope it’s more clear now!

1 Like

@papafrankgod , got it.

A few weeks ago I also searched for full content scans of these books (they seem to be very informative and have funny illustrations), I even made someone an offer :wink:. What I found was this YouTuber, who shows every page, but I did not see those cards. But maybe I missed something, because I cannot understand or read a single word.

This does not really give you an new information, other than that these books seems to have no answers to your questions. It makes also sense, the event was 2000-2002 the last magazine was published 1998

regards
Cracker

PS: if you find something new let me know, in your reply was already stuff that was new to me

2 Likes

Is this what you’re looking for? Found this in my copy of Trainer Mag 11. Let me know if you want other pages or higher res pics.

5 Likes

Nice find, and Trainer’s Magazine makes more sene, becasue they were actually published during this time.
Here is also something

• Pokemon 2000 Trainer’s Magazine Vol. 5 - Youtube- Pokemon 2000 Trainer’s Magazine Vol. 4 - Youtube- Pokemon 2000 Trainer’s Magazine Vol. 10 - Youtube
2 Likes

Wow yes that’s what I was looking for! Thank you !!!

1 Like

Also a great find!!

@thane , @cracker , So the Volume 5 features the paymat and the Volume 11 the Magikarp???

@papafrankgod ,see my previous post (found two more), I bet you can find such a page in almost every magazine between 2000-2002, but what they say idk, I cannot read this :wink:

Here’s the page from volume 5. The other issues also have similar ads and some have postcards for you to fill out to send in and get points.

2 Likes

This thread was worth it for seeing the look on crobat’s face alone.

2 Likes

@papafrankgod ,here is an interesting blog. I did not even notice the dif. in the card design

1 Like

“By the way, regarding Hikaru Magikarp of Trainers Promo , since it was a long time after these two pieces were added to the prize lineup, only the neo version exists from the beginning”

Very interesting piece of history you found there with the Evvee and Porygon prototypes, I really enjoyed reading it, thank you a lot!!!

1 Like

Here the blogger talks about the distribution, it seems he participated himself.

2 Likes

Really appeciate all your findings, they were great

1 Like

Can someone tell me if the 50point prize was 4x of the picasso touch promo?

Interesting question, but the number 4 maybe comes form somewhere else. Unfortunately the resolution is too low for google pic translator (pic).

Source

1 Like