Fake Neo Genesis Booster? Please help to identify

Hello everyone,
I recently purchased this imgur.com/gallery/TOZlGGn German Neo Genesis Booster and although I have never seen a fake german booster, the colors on this one seem more pale than others I have seen and the text “Sammelkartenspiel” is written twice and is overlapping. Can somebody confirm the authenticity?

Please help me, it’s just a simple Question: Fake or Real? Would be really great if anyone could answer.

1 Like

The poor registration (in other words the misalignment of image patterns) on those packs is not uncommon. I have base set packs with similar and even worse registration than yours. :blush:

Nothing else on the pack jumps out as problematic. Everything looks fine and correct for the UK print packs.

3 Likes

The text issue is fine like @jkanly already stated, I have an English Team Rocket one like this and have seen many other packs all the way from base set with the same problem.

FYI if you look closely its not just the white inside “Sammelkartenspiel” its the the whole red boarder around the text also as well as the Yellow inside “Pokemon”. They are all shifted slightly upward crossing the boarders which they should be inside.

The seals/crimp are usually the biggest giveaway with fake packs also the weight is usually completely off what a real pack would weigh. You should be able to notice the difference in quality & feel as well in person.

Overall i think your pack is legit :blush:

If it’s any help here is what a fake English genesis booster looks like

1 Like

@jkanly, Thank you very much, alright now I have certainty. :grin:

1 Like

@pikachutcg, Thank you very much too, yes I noticed that now as you said that with the shifted text, it’s also the same on the “neo genesis” text because there is white color in the letters at the bottom. And thanks for the picture, yeah I have seen some fake Boosters like that and now I am relieved that the fake packs are so obvious to spot. :wink:

1 Like