Are these base set booster packs fake?

Hey guys,

Recently bought these base set booster packs and they just seem a little off. The coloration is extremely light, something I did not notice when I was initially viewing them before actually purchasing. I used G&S, but before I take any action I would like to get some input from the expertise of the community in regards to if they are actually fake or not…

Thanks a lot. Pics below.

i.imgur.com/UD7Xquc.jpg

Looks fine to me

They look okay. What is off about them besides light coloration?

I’m not sure. Maybe I’m just too heavily influenced by the two YouTube videos I watched regarding fake base set booster packs. They all look dead on like these. I’m no expert on packs or anything, that’s why I was wondering if anyone noticed anything else immediately apparent such as font/centering, etc.

Was it that video by any chance? Read the comments on the video, it will hopefully put your mind at ease

Interesting! Yes, this was one of the two I watched. Thanks for bringing the comments to my attention.

Looks perfectly normal…

1 Like

all good

Thanks guys! Sorry about the novice question, it was just my first vintage sealed product purchase. Glad I have experts to refer to.

Yep that’s what the forums here for!

2 Likes

That’s fine. Somewhere down the road you’ll be helping others:)

Base set 1999-2000 print booster packs (and the cards) are lighter colored then normal packs. Maybe you scored a set of them! Check the dates and where it was made on the back of it