Fake Evolutions Staff Charizard or Am I Wrong on Ebay?

Sold:
www.ebay.com/itm/Staff-Charizard-Evolutions-Holo-Pre-Release-NM/323545968669?hash=item4b54d7b01d:g:lRsAAOSw1iVb6WeP

Selling:
www.ebay.com/itm/Staff-Charizard-Evolutions-Pre-Release-Holo/323545962658?hash=item4b54d798a2:g:1VYAAOSwLNxb6WQy:rk:3:pf:0

imgur.com/a/kae8r24
imgur.com/a/2gCKGwx
imgur.com/a/x1992Wn

Image 1. Full Card Comparison

Image 2 Art Comparison

Text Comparison

I’d thought the “Staff” text looked off, as you can see that the letter ‘S’ looks different, ‘T’ is skinnier vertically, ‘F’ is skinner on the vertical side and thicker on the horizontal sections.

Am I seeing things or did they make a different set of Staff Cards for the Australian Market as the seller is From New Zealand.
Any expertise on the differences would be appreciated or your opinions. Thanks.

They all look identical and authentic to me. The lighting on the card makes the vertical sections of the “T” and “F” look slimmer. Just compare pictures 2 (front facing) and 3 (tilted angle) from the sold listing and you’ll see the letters “T” and “F” get slimmer / wider as you go back and forth.

Those stamps are not the same.

1 Like

Those cards are pretty easy to fake so it’s good to be very careful. My general rule is don’t put money into any cards that have a ‘after production’ stamp. Remember, we have walked on the moon. We can certainly duplicate a stamp;)

1 Like

Wouldn’t that include literally every 1st edition after base since those have the shadowless variant to distinguish?

2 Likes

Concerning your second inquiry with the “Images: Left Fake? Right Real” you can clearly see the “S” curves very differently so those are two distinctly different stamps.

Like I said, “my general rule”. I do have my own personal exceptions. For example in 1999, at the E3 convention in downtown Los Angeles, I bought a bunch of e3 red cheeks off other people. So those I felt safe buying.
A couple years ago I got the same card as part of a trade which PSA graded. When I got it back (a 9) I looked closely to see why it was a 9. That’s when I noticed a little something wrong with the capital E. After comparing, it appeared the font and pressure was different so a fake stamp for sure (Yes. I did educate PSA about it). This was only noticeable upon close inspection and with another one to compare it to.
On a side note: I then checked the several I had on hand and found a second fake stamped lol.

If anyone is interested, I have microscopes and can make up a real vs. fake stamp comparison.

1 Like

I can not speak for older cards, and I do agree that something is up with the staff zard…but pressure differences do occur, at least on championship DCE.

Cards from the Latin tournament notoriously appear to been to lightly stamped making the wording sloppy. Mine as well as a friends copy both have sloppy lettering.

Here is mine, purchased directly from a tournament winner:

That one looks perfectly fine even with a pressure difference. The font and spacing is spot on.

1 Like

The talking greeting cards have more computing power than the ship that took the astronauts to the moon.

Random uselss fact, but now you know.

Yeah, I guess I should have said, “We can make greeting cards talk…so surely an authentic looking stamp would be a breeze” lol.

1 Like