Fake 1st edition ivy promo pikachu

Just received my card and was devastated to see it’s a fake. Its feels like it’s made out of styrofoam and the text is blurry like a scan.The ebay seller is nihu_34

imgur.com/gallery/CKSqp3c

That corner cut is weird too

Do you have a link to the listing?

Look at this on eBay
rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F362980291756

Make sure you open up an eBay case for a full refund

This makes me very sad for you. As aid above, message the seller and open a case ASAP

I bought from this same seller as well. Just return the item and get a refund. I’ve digged deeper into it and this guy is playing some sort of fraud scheme. There is another account alestefan_5 looks like same person. Even has a feedback from Nihu_34.

If look at the other listings for ivy pikachu 1st, there is a lot of fishy activity going on.

Here is another seller: www.ebay.com/sch/alestefan_5/m.html?item=133402567243&hash=item1f0f69a24b%3Ag%3AOl8AAOSwgYResKq9&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

Take note of the item location: corona del mar, CA…same location as nihu_34.

The Nihu_34 guy also sold multiples of these ivy pikachu 1st editions.

Also who in their right mind thinks they’re getting a 1st edition charizard for $91?

My guess is this guy was trying to get creative and pull a fast one to see if he could get something. He was quick to admit that he “didn’t know the cards were fake” and quickly accepted the refund…but if someone didn’t know then he would have been able to pocket all the money.

1 Like

Well hey FWIW if you end up somehow keeping the card and getting your refund back I’d love to buy it for a fair fake price haha. I would though. Chances are you’ll have to return it but if you decide to return a photo copy on foam core I’ll buy the fake. I somehow found myself building up a stack of fake cards from various lots or binders and now it’s one of my favorite binders to peruse now and then. Everyone loves the Charizo in there.

But good luck with the refund effort! I wish eBay held funds in escrow like Mercari or elsewhere so folks wouldn’t have to deal with as much headache and time delay trying to get refunds as they do now.