Fake 1st Edition Base Set Blister Packs on Ebay

Not my video. Just sharing it as an FYI to the community here.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_rLnSo_YAw

4 Likes

I saw that earlier today… totally a shame and sad that it’s still happening to people.

Even PSA authenticated packs can be resealed and tampered; I opened one that contained a bunch of played unlimited cards! This was 3 years ago now, though… so hopefully all the resealed ones have been identified/rectified.

6 Likes

I decided to quit buying sealed boosters because of this.
sorry to hear man

1 Like

Generally there’s not too much to worry about with reseals as they are relatively seldom. Blisters are always a worry for me though, which is why I don’t keep them anymore. Loose packs can be easily inspected and scrutinized, while packs in blisters are less so.

If the blister pack owner posted those here he wouldn’t have had to open them to be informed that they were obviously fake, including the pack wrapper. It was very apparent that they were fake, even before opening. Hope there’s a positive turnout for the innocent parties involved.

2 Likes

If I were this buyer I really would not trust sending them back to the seller. :grimacing: Yikes. Definitely unfortunate

1 Like

Well they did mention that the buyer also bought from someone else. So it might be the case that the actual fraudster is a couple transactions back