Every English Mew from 2000-2017

Hello!

Several years ago I set out to collect each card printed of my favourite Pokemon… Charizard! But once I realised how much that was going to cost me, I settled for my second favourite, Mew.

I moved to Japan a few years so my interest in English cards has kinda died and I never bothered to finish the collection from 2018 onwards

Included are Reverse Holos of each Mew that has one and also variants (such as the 1st-4th place Evolution Mews)

I didn’t include any error cards (such as the upside down Pop 5 Mew) or any Trainers featuring Mew (such as Seeker or the rare Championship Arena)

If I’m missing any from those years, please let me know!

16 Likes

Heyo and welcome to E4! Nice Mew collection you got here! I do see a couple gaps in English though

The POP series 4 non-holo
Both of the World Champions deck of the Mew ex’s from 2006 and 2007
The World Champions deck gold star Mew from 2008
and the World Champions deck Mew ex’s from 2013 and 2014

Unless I missed anything, that should cover you up to 2017!

2 Likes

Oh, how did I never know about the Non Holo Pop 4 Mew! I’ll have to update the title of the thread now lol

As for the World Championship Deck Mews, I never bothered with them since they were never… playable, I guess? (Even though I have Ancient Mew in the collection)

Also thanks for the nice words!

I get that about the championship decks, they’re also a pain lmao. Also we’re up to 6 releases of the ancient mew now! I figured you just had the one that was released in the US, but it’s crazy how they keep releasing more

1 Like

Yeah, I only found out about the Korean one recently. I do have the original Nintedo Japanese Ancient Mew and at one point did consider buying the corrected version but couldn’t justify paying that much money over a fixed typo haha

This is an awesome collection! Mew is definitely one where you can set new heights and keep meeting them over time. Great choice!

Yeah, they’ve gone up a lot this past year too. Most of the price difference comes from the rarity, there was only a very very very short run of the corrected version 1s. Think of it more like unlimited vs 1st ed WCP instead of just a simple typo correction

1 Like

Awesome collection. I take it you’re not including the Mew and Mewtwo cards that were recently released? :open_mouth: Also, Mew V is missing.

Nice job so far :blush:

Another minor variant you might be missing is the glossy English mew from the Japanese Gotta magazine.

2 Likes