ETB collectors

Hey guys,
I’ve just purchased my first few sealed elite trainer boxes with hopes to collect one of each ETB released and eventually catch up on current releases. I’ve started with the holiday sets while keeping an eye out for the Plasma Storm ETB ( narrowly missed one for 500aud :tired_face:). Does anyone else here collect them?

For those that collect them, how far along are you guys with your ETB collections? Share pictures too if you can.

Also if anyone has a full list of elite trainer boxes released that would be really helpful, I have one I found on reddit but I’m not sure if its missing any.

1 Like

I HATE elite trainer boxes.

1 Like

I really like them personally and so I collect them. The reddit list is wrong as it includes Flashfire which did not get an ETB. It started with Plasma Storm and went every other set until Phantom Forces wherein they became a regular product for every set. Plasma Freeze, Legendary Treasures and Flashfire got skipped. I like how even “mini sets” that don’t get booster boxes get ETB’s (aside from Detective Pikachu). So while we have no booster boxes for Generations, Shining Legends, Dragon Majesty, or Hidden Fates, we have ETB’s as the go to sealed product for these mini sets.

Here is what I believe to be an exhaustive list of all ETB’s. 38 total and 39th ( and maybe 40th ) on the way with Darkness Ablaze.

Plasma Storm
Plasma Blast
XY (2 variants)
Furious Fists
Phantom Forces
Primal Clash (2 variants)
Roaring Skies
Ancient Origins
BREAKthrough (2 variants)
BREAKpoint
Generations
Fates Collide
Steam Siege
Evolutions (2 variants)
Sun & Moon (2 variants)
Guardians Rising
Burning Shadows
Shining Legends
Crimson Invasion
Ultra Prism (2 variants)
Forbidden Light
Celestial Storm
Dragon Majesty
Lost Thunder
Team Up
Unbroken Bonds
Unified Minds
Hidden Fates
Cosmic Eclipse
Sword & Shield (2 variants)
Rebel Clash
Darkness Ablaze (upcoming release)

8 Likes

Not to hijack this thread but I was wondering if any of you guys had any energies from a 2011 XY box. I’m having trouble locating them for my collection. They are my last ETB energies needed.

This is incredibly helpful, thank you so much. May I ask if you have all of them? If not which ones are you missing. I really like them too

I do have all of them. I got back into the hobby around the time of Phantom Forces so was ordering all from then on at wholesale upon release. Pre PF I waited longer than I should have to pick them up and I only have one of each as far as I know. Opened multiple of most along the way too. I haven’t had all of them in one place in over a year, and maybe will have to change that so I can see them all at once. Making this list made me realize how crazy it is the sheer amount of sets released since I rejoined the hobby and the sheer amount of ETB’s I have kicking around.

1 Like

Pokemon keeps churning them out. Cool story to hear man and if you ever get them in one place it would be cool to see them all together. Thanks again for the help above

Took me a while and mods please allow the >2 month on topic bump. ETB cases came from Jason at Legacy Cards. Just a happy customer sharing details, not a paid ad. This is the first time I have had all my ETB’s together since I think Roaring Skies.

https://instagram.com/p/CGq37z4JYGv

6 Likes

Wow that looks awesome! Which ETB is your favorite?

1 Like

The art on them is cool and that’s about it for me. Personally, I’ve opened one only and got nothing but trash…except for the Zard V :blush:

@ditto as I was assembling the stack I really realized how underwhelming the box arts were to me pre SM. The BW and XY era boxes in the bottom two rows really don’t pop at all in the photo to me.

I’m really terrible at picking favorites but I’ll list what are 5 of them I’d put towards the top in no particular order.

Hidden Fates, Celestial Storm, Champions Path, Cosmic Eclipse, Shining Legends.

1 Like

When I first started getting into collecting sealed product, i knew i couldn’t really afford the booster boxes i wanted, so i decided to buy some ETB’s from time to time. I think that they are much more display friendly and I like the look of them more!
The ETB’s I own:

Hidden Fates
Generations
Burning Shadows
Darkness Ablaze
Champions Path

Would like to get my hands on a Shining Legends and a Vivid Voltage at some point, but they are not really my main priority atm!

2 Likes

I see what you mean! Honestly your favorites list is similar to mine, but I would definitely sneak in the generations ETB in there, I find the design really unique out of all the blander looking box arts . Evolutions looks great too but I think it’s more so that it looks less nice when stacked amongst the other ETBs.

1 Like

How much are they per case and are they just on Instagram?

@nickofturl depending on volume they are $22-$27 each. They also sell booster pack cases and booster box cases. You can find them searching on Virbank, Amazon and eBay though they are in the low $30’s through eBay/Amazon. Worth trying 1 see if you like it and then contact them directly if you want more. That is what I did.

1 Like

super sexy man, love it

I’m a noob, what are ETBs?
Just smaller booster boxes with less packs?

They’re a poor man’s booster box.

You spelled sophisticated wrong.

5 Likes

If anyone has duplicates of empty ETB boxes I will take some. Don’t know what an empty box costs, but we (kid and I) started a little display with them. Have 6/7 so far.
So if you are going to throw the empty box out, hit me up.