Epson V550/600 Scanner Tips

I just got an Epson 600 scanner (similar to the 550 that a lot of you have and recommend). Does anyone have any tips for getting optimum results when scanning PSA graded cards?

One issue I’m having is that the edges of the case get cropped, and not evenly. I can’t figure out how to adjust that.

Thanks in advance for any help or tips you might have!

Edit: I discovered that changing the Thumbnail Options… Cropped Area Size to Large fixes the case cropping issue. So any tips for getting the best quality images would be awesome. Cheers.

:blush:

1 Like

This guy made a pdf and its great

forums.collectors.com/discussion/991581/graded-card-scanning-guide-take-a-look

6 Likes

@pfm - Thanks a lot PFM! That’s exactly what I was looking for.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m saving the link.

I literally went to both Best Buy here in Hawaii and there were no V600 in stock. Will have to wait until next week till it comes in. That link will help me from asking any questions.

1 Like

Super helpful!! I wish there was a way to scan/crop multiple cards into multiple images at the same time. I’m sure there’s some piece of software out there that offers this.

Maybe I should just go full crazy and do this:

You mean like this?

+

I’m thinking more along the lines of scanning 4 different cards and the output automatically be 4 cropped images.

I would like that as well, my least favorite part about creating listings is cropping my photos.

That’s what I showed. The cropping was 100% automated.

Oh sorry, didn’t realize the magic was taking place. How did you get it to happen?

Yeah sorry it may have been ambiguous. I wrote a script that auto rotates and crops the image and matches it with the back

1 Like

Teach us (PkmnFlying)master :heart_eyes:. That will save so much time like @ccrntrade says!