English and Japanese Booster Pack Arts

Here are a couple more that I found:

S4a Shiny Star V is D.A.G

S3 Infinity Zone is D.A.G

Didn’t realize how much D.A.G did until now!

3 Likes

Looks like Shizurow did most of the DP block. Heres DP3 Shining Darkness:

XY10 Awakening King is PLANETA

BW4 Dark Rush is Hideaki Hokozaki

XY9 Rage of the Broken Heavens is PLANETA

BW3 Hail Blizzard is 5ban Graphics

I gotta image they also did Psycho Drive?

Holon Phantom is Ryo Ueda

8 Likes

For the record, I don’t mind you adding new posts over editing current ones as it helps notify me of sets that need to be updated. Amazing that you’ve gathered all these posters :saluting_face:

1 Like

Sure thing! I don’t own all these myself however I do have a good number of em! I hope to scan what I have and share the great artwork with everyone in the near future.

2 Likes

This is amazing!

1 Like

Was looking through some books of mine and found some more info:

Dawn Dash and Moonlit Pursuit is by Shizurow (kinda as expected)

Found artist information on some of the wallpapers released during the era but no more info on pack artworks than what we already have.

4 Likes

BW9 Megalo Cannon is PLANETA

Not sure where you got Naoki Saito for CP2 Legendary Shine Collection bc I have Shin Nagasawa credited on the poster

4 Likes

That was a guess, corrected :+1:

2 Likes

Updated to include SV4a Shiny Treasure ex

Set Release Artist
SV4K Ancient Roar October 27, 2023
SV4M Future Flash October 27, 2023
SV4a Shiny Treasure ex December 1, 2023
3 Likes

@koala Some of my favorite pack arts are the ones illustrated by kawayoo during the HGSS era. Do you happen to know if there is either clean high res versions of the pack arts or any other non pack images featuring those illustrations? They’re all so gorgeous.

I went for the official images of these packs for this gallery but there may be higher res photos or scans on ebay and such. HGSS era was long before Pokémon updated their site for high res digital images per new release. As for clean-ish versions, HGSS promotional posters, wallpapers and playmats might be worth looking up

10 Likes

Thank you for gathering this together! That playmat is really nice. This is tempting me to get all the HGSS pack arts.

You’ll want to check out pidgi for art like that

https://www.pidgi.net/wiki/Category:Pokémon_TCG:HeartGold%26_SoulSilver

5 Likes

Wow, I’ve never seen that HGSS artwork before (I stopped collecting midway through the EX-era) but it’s amazing - especially the Lugia, Ho-Oh, and the art for Raikou/Entei/Suicune.

Thanks for posting!

1 Like

Pokeca_art_life on instagram has posted images from the last few sets and confirmed that N-Design Inc. illustrated them.

Raging Surf, Ancient Roar, and Future Flash are all illustrated by N-Design

Example

5 Likes

Added pack arts for the English special set Paldean Fates

Paldean Fates (January 26, 2024)

5 Likes

N-DESIGN Inc. once again for Shiny Treasure

2 Likes

Just came across this, I can confirm that the Japanese pack art for Offense and Defense of the Furthest Ends is done by Suwama Chiaki.
She is credited in the bottom of the poster of this set, I’ll try to add a picture of it here:

4 Likes

Updated with pack arts for SV5K Wild Force & SV5M Cyber Judge

Set Release Artist
SV4K Ancient Roar October 27, 2023 N-Design Inc
SV4M Future Flash October 27, 2023 N-Design Inc
SV4a Shiny Treasure ex December 1, 2023 N-Design Inc
SV5K Wild Force January 26, 2024

Set Release Artist
SV5M Cyber Judge January 26, 2024
3 Likes

Oh this is pretty cool! I’m assuming the pack arts for the recent McDonald’s happy meal packs, and the occasional General Mills cereal packs are beyond the scope of this article?